The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Took my dad to Goldie for his birthday last Friday night.

Both of us were very impressed by everything.

Cured pollock on a wasabi and beetroot coulis to start - delicious. My oul fella got the Hake Karaage which looked really good too.

Mains of steamed brill in a fennel & cream sauce and plaice in Cafe de Paris butter.

My da - a difficult man to get effusive comments from - used the word "excellent" twice to describe his meal. High praise indeed.

2 x starter
2 x main
1 x large sparkling water
2 x coffee

€84 - rounded to €100 for tip.

Well worth a visit.

Cured pollock on a wasabi and beetroot coulis to start - delicious. My oul fella got the Hake Karaage which looked really good too.

Mains of steamed brill in a fennel & cream sauce and plaice in Cafe de Paris butter.

My da - a difficult man to get effusive comments from - used the word "excellent" twice to describe his meal. High praise indeed.

2 x starter
2 x main
2 x coffee

Well worth a visit.
The poor man, sitting there with his tongue hanging out hoping for an aul gatt :)

2 x starter
2 x main
2 x coffee

Well worth a visit.
wow and sounds v reasonable

The poor man, sitting there with his tongue hanging out hoping for an aul gatt :)

I think that all of the Elbow Lane beers are very poor.

I don't drink white wine. And as for a red - to quote Sean Connery as James Bond in "From Russia With Love" - 'Red wine with fish? Well... that should have told me something.'

The oul fella doesn't drink anymore due to health reasons, Mangey. It would be fairly bad form of me to glug down a few pints whilst trying to maintain an erudite discussion with a man who lives for intelligent conversation.

We did Tung Sing there yesterday.

Absolutely awful. I'd always be loyal to the place as I'd have gone there with family over the years, but the food we got was utter shite.

I ordered a sweet and sour chicken which was battered chicken balls in a watery tomato sauce with a shit load of rice. Not a single vegetable in the dish like.

Not sure did I catch them on a bad day or what, but I won't be risking it again as it wasn't a cheap meal.

Got a take away from Coriander in Douglas last night.

A starter, 2 mains, and naans, for 50ish.

Everything was savage except for the chicken vindaloo, which I couldn't finish. I'm pretty good with spicy food, and generally enjoy a bit of burn, but it was excessive. I've had vindaloos from there a few times in the past and they were grand, so new chef maybe? Either way, unless you want stomach cramps and molten chili shits, don't get a vindaloo from Coriander.

Got a take away from Coriander in Douglas last night.

A starter, 2 mains, and naans, for 50ish.

Everything was savage except for the chicken vindaloo, which I couldn't finish. I'm pretty good with spicy food, and generally enjoy a bit of burn, but it was excessive. I've had vindaloos from there a few times in the past and they were grand, so new chef maybe? Either way, unless you want stomach cramps and molten chili shits, don't get a vindaloo from Coriander.
Awww…
Poor baby couldn’t finish a spicy vindaloo.
Maybe you should stick to happy meals in future and leave the hot stuff to us grown ups.
😃

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

The Old Moderns

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼