The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Was in Goldie recently, very impressed with it. Both food and atmosphere was spot on.

Was in zizzi in Liffey Valley recently too. As pizza chains go I thought it was great. Good kids menu too. Nice cheap and cheerful option.

Neven Magure visited Goldie on one of his recent shows and it looked very impressive. They write their menu every morning based on what seafood is available, you can't get fresher than that.

He also went to Good Food Deli and had fish tacos. I've never set foot in that place despite living next door to it.

Neven Magure visited Goldie on one of his recent shows and it looked very impressive. They write their menu every morning based on what seafood is available, you can't get fresher than that.

He also went to Good Food Deli and had fish tacos. I've never set foot in that place despite living next door to it.
Good day deli?

It's savage, but very expensive

mad to go to Goldie... next year for sure..
Went to GDD twice and won't bother again.. soo €€€ for what you get.. didn't find dishes satisfying.. on one occasion I had the fish tacos and the tortilla wer v unpleasant - can't imagine many liking them - they had a kind of liquorice taste to them.. (due to the specific flour used to make em).. and you have to pay for ketchup/mayo.. ffs.. v stilted atm.. shame as the location is dime.. love Nano Nagle itself.. the grounds, the buildings and history..

Interesting read for the foodies among us.

I've never had drisheen but it's nice to see a bit of Cork culture being revived by our local restaurants

I always wondered was the drisheen stall subsidised because of the tradition. You'd buy a piece the size of a black pudding and it'd be €1.50. They're not paying the wan off the till with that like.

I know the Nigerian lads like tripe but still.

You should give disheen a go. It's something of an aquired taste. A bit metallic but i find it feirce comforting.

Best eaten as part of a fry. Take the drisheen out of the plastic when you get it home. Keep in a bowl in the fridge till you're eating it. Poach it gently, when the the pot is at the boil its done. You're only heating it through.

When its served cut it lengthways so it falls open and lash butter and white pepper over it. Only thing I've ever used white pepper for. don't eat the skin. Enjoy. It's magic.

Was in Goldie recently, very impressed with it. Both food and atmosphere was spot on.

Was in zizzi in Liffey Valley recently too. As pizza chains go I thought it was great. Good kids menu too. Nice cheap and cheerful option.
Was in Goldie on Saturday. Best restaurant in town I reckon. We were upstairs which is a lovely little dining room

Agree on GDD too. Although i must say the price of very ordinary places has come up to meet it. It's just about worth it for the setting

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼