The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

My mother went there for tea and a scone with a friend last summer. It was €15, but for that she got 3 small scones (with butter, cream and jam) and a pot of tea. She felt it was quite good value given that you get to hang out in such beautiful surroundings. They were there for well over an hour and no one rushed them or made them feel like they needed to get out once they finished eating.

Now, it was raining the day they were there, maybe on fine days it was served outside, but I took a walk around the gardens when I was there, and to be honest, I wouldn't consider it a hardship to take my tea and scones out there on a sunny day!
was that €15 per person?

Made it down to Cush this weekend. It was a lovely meal. Very nice flavours and a thoughtful menu. A nice experience but something just a bit off what they are aspiring to. The two starters were scallop and mackerel. Halibut and Turbot for the two mains. Well executed nice flovours bit kinda dressed in that "Michelin" style where its all a bit foamey. What they have going for themselves is the fresh fiah and ballycotton spuds. I'd love to see them simplifiy a bit and knock a fiver off the price for a main course. 3 courses 2 people with wine and coffee was 177. Pricey even for "cost of living/price of gas" prices. I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on them. im not it was nice but they're not quite there for me. Incidentally we stayed in the rooms above the pub. 110 Euro for B&B very comfortable if a bit small bit great value if ye fancy trying Cush or a gig in the sea church

Made it down to Cush this weekend. It was a lovely meal. Very nice flavours and a thoughtful menu. A nice experience but something just a bit off what they are aspiring to. The two starters were scallop and mackerel. Halibut and Turbot for the two mains. Well executed nice flovours bit kinda dressed in that "Michelin" style where its all a bit foamey. What they have going for themselves is the fresh fiah and ballycotton spuds. I'd love to see them simplifiy a bit and knock a fiver off the price for a main course. 3 courses 2 people with wine and coffee was 177. Pricey even for "cost of living/price of gas" prices. I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on them. im not it was nice but they're not quite there for me. Incidentally we stayed in the rooms above the pub. 110 Euro for B&B very comfortable if a bit small bit great value if ye fancy trying Cush or a gig in the sea church

Yeah, have eaten there a couple of times.

It's a really good restaurant imo but its pricey alright. The setting there is lovely if you get a table overlooking the water.

Eating out in general has gone very expensive.

Yeah, have eaten there a couple of times.

It's a really good restaurant imo but its pricey alright. The setting there is lovely if you get a table overlooking the water.

Eating out in general has gone very expensive.
The Set menu at Cush was three courses for 40 quid is good.

They had a good wine list too.

Had a really underwhelming meal in Market Lane - it was lunch rather than dinner but that should hardly come into it. First time in there since pre-Covid days.

"Pan fried hake, braised leeks, herby crushed baby potatoes, smoked mussel and tomato sauce, pickled fennel and salsa verde."

Sounds fantastic - which is why I picked it but the whole thing was bland and uninspired. Didn't even finish it.

Went to Elbow Lane a few nights later for dinner - it was excellent.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼