The Official Munster Rugby Thread™

We got Exeter. Tough one, I'd say.
Not exactly much of a reward for winning all their matches. They're not amazing this year though, lost a few at home to London Irish, Newcastle, Bristol and Northampton. You'd expect Munster to win at home, so if they can make it a comprehensive one, then the away game is a hell of a lot easier.

Not exactly much of a reward for winning all their matches. They're not amazing this year though, lost a few at home to London Irish, Newcastle, Bristol and Northampton. You'd expect Munster to win at home, so if they can make it a comprehensive one, then the away game is a hell of a lot easier.
Yeah. It's a shite format, in my opinion.

A tough one alright, but Exeter are on a bit of a decline I think, they were helped massively by Frank Murphy to get back into the game tonight. It’s just going to be so attritional in both games.

Munster and Irish tighthead prop John Ryan is set to join Wasps from next season onwards after agreeing a deal with the Premiership club. The 33-year-old Corkman has played 184 times for Munster, as well as winning 24 caps for Ireland, but is moving on after 11 seasons with his native province.

Ryan has remained part of Munster’s big-match squad for much of that time, and this season started the pool win at home to Castres after being one of those ruled out of the first game against Wasps. He also played the last quarter of the victories over Castres away and Wasps at Thomond Park last Sunday.

However, although a highly regarded scrummager with a few more years left in him, it is understood that in retaining Stephen Archer, Keynan Knox and Roman Salanoa, Munster had not offered Ryan a new contract.

Having made his Irish debut against Canada at the Aviva Stadium in November 2016, Ryan won the most recent of his 24 Test caps against Japan last July. But now, free of international commitments, he will be fully available to Wasps at all times and could represent a shrewd piece of business by the Coventry-based club.

We've held on to that utter imposter Salanoa and left another proven prop go.

OB is also rumoured to be on his way out.

I guess it’s also possible that Wasps offered a longer contract. Archer is only on a one season deal. Salanoa would want to get his shit together alright.
Knox is ready to go, needs to start more games now.

side named for Zebre trip tomorrow

Would have liked to see Josh Wycherley start but good to see barron and Knox starting

again a start for ahern would be good too. I think he is a better prospect than Wycherley

plenty talent in the back row and kendellen on the bench too

Flannery ahead of crowley is a strange call

some game time for the outside backs to show what they can offer.

Munster: Matt Gallagher; Calvin Nash, Liam Coombes, Dan Goggin, Shane Daly; Jake Flannery, Neil Cronin; Jeremy Loughman, Diarmuid Barron, Keynan Knox; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Donoghue (C), John Hodnett, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Scott Buckley, Josh Wycherley, Roman Salanoa, Thomas Ahern, Alex Kendellen, Paddy Patterson, Jack Crowley, Chris Farrell.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Easter Beer Festival

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼