The Official Munster Rugby Thread™

The buck stops with JvG, but I'd love to know wtf Larkham is doing. Is he trying to get them playing good rugby, but the Saffer just won't do it, or is he that bad as an attack coach? I find it very hard to believe it's the latter. There's no excuse for this shit, and at this stage i would say we have gone backwards. I will find it hard to justify going to matches this year if this is the dross they'll serve up.

For the last two seasons Larkham had them playing some decent stuff and then the internationals would come back in November and fuck it up, I think POM even said this the season before last so they went back to kicking the leather off the ball and “pashun”.
It’s come full circle since the Limerick media tried to run Penney out of town for daring to use the backs for anything more than jersey fillers.

For the last two seasons Larkham had them playing some decent stuff and then the internationals would come back in November and fuck it up, I think POM even said this the season before last so they went back to kicking the leather off the ball and “pashun”.
It’s come full circle since the Limerick media tried to run Penney out of town for daring to use the backs for anything more than jersey fillers.

"the Limerick media" ??

Proof if ever it was needed how clueless the Irish Times are in their rugby coverage.

Jerry Flannery and Felix Jones suing the Irish Times over an article by Matt Williams saying they were sacked by Van Graan.

Both players stated they were looking for new challenges after being offered extensions. Van Graan said at the time he was disappointed to lose both of them.

Flannery is lineout coach with Harlequins and Jones is the Saffers attack coach

Proof if ever it was needed how clueless the Irish Times are in their rugby coverage.

Jerry Flannery and Felix Jones suing the Irish Times over an article by Matt Williams saying they were sacked by Van Graan.

Both players stated they were looking for new challenges after being offered extensions. Van Graan said at the time he was disappointed to lose both of them.

Flannery is lineout coach with Harlequins and Jones is the Saffers attack coach
Mitt Willims. Spoofer still hanging around.

Coombes, Zebo, Hurley, and Jenkins all added to the squad for the fortnight in South Africa. Main squad is down there already. Shame that Casey only got 20 mins of rugby over the last 3 weeks and is sitting out.

Coombes, Zebo, Hurley, and Jenkins all added to the squad for the fortnight in South Africa. Main squad is down there already. Shame that Casey only got 20 mins of rugby over the last 3 weeks and is sitting out.
Seems all the non international players are gone over there.
It will be interesting to see how they get on

It will always be a case of the unknown until a book comes out at some stage.
I know being a great player doesn’t always mean being a great coach but a Larkham seemed to have the backs firing almost every season from the get go.

It was generally acknowledged the returning internationals fucked everything up. Look at the lines he had Shane Daly running when he first came on the scene. With Crowley, Healy and Flannery around it would have been handy.

Best of luck to them anyway.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼