The Official Munster Rugby Thread™

Diarmuid Barron, Jack Daly, Ben Healy, Keynan Knox, Jeremy Loughman, and Simon Zebo have all signed contract extensions. Barron, Daly, Knox, Loughman, and Zebo have signed two-year extensions. Healy has signed a one-year extension.

Just watching saturday nights game now and once again I cant see what Niall Scannell offers..and his brother isnt much better..both showed great promise 5-6 years ago!

Barron and the young lad who was man of the match against wasps need to be given a chance

Archer and Ryan owe Munster nothing but at least one of em needs to be moved on

too many average players getting picked week in week out while younger lads wait in line..with the likes of Jack O Donoghue, Coombes, Hodnett, Kendellen, O Sullivan etc how is Cloete still picking up a big wage

ahern looks a serious prospect int he second row..will overtake Wycherley shortly if given the chance

Just watching saturday nights game now and once again I cant see what Niall Scannell offers..and his brother isnt much better..both showed great promise 5-6 years ago!

Barron and the young lad who was man of the match against wasps need to be given a chance

Archer and Ryan owe Munster nothing but at least one of em needs to be moved on

too many average players getting picked week in week out while younger lads wait in line..with the likes of Jack O Donoghue, Coombes, Hodnett, Kendellen, O Sullivan etc how is Cloete still picking up a big wage

ahern looks a serious prospect int he second row..will overtake Wycherley shortly if given the chance
Bit harsh on Cloete there Coogee. He’s different to any of the other options you have listed there. I’m still not sure what JOS offers, I know he missed a season to injury but he’s done nothing to warrant the contract so far.

No idea where they’re going with Zebo. Presumably it’s on the “low” salary touted last summer? Must have been going like mad in training because he hasn’t really had an opportunity to shine in games. His conditioning would be a worry.

Bit harsh on Cloete there Coogee. He’s different to any of the other options you have listed there. I’m still not sure what JOS offers, I know he missed a season to injury but he’s done nothing to warrant the contract so far.

No idea where they’re going with Zebo. Presumably it’s on the “low” salary touted last summer? Must have been going like mad in training because he hasn’t really had an opportunity to shine in games. His conditioning would be a worry.
Cloete just annoys me in games. He will have a few great turnovers or carries and then will give away 2-3 silly penalties..just think now witht he young lads available in the back row its time to move him on..would love to see a back row of JOD, Hodnett, Coombes next season with Kendellen on the bench..agree on JOS..probably the least impressive of the youg lads but might need another season to get back to his best after the long injury

There is a family connection here which some of you may or may not be aware of but, Dr Tadgh O Sullivan, the team Doctor has a son called Jack, he also has two nephews who play on the team, the Scannell brothers.

Cloete just annoys me in games. He will have a few great turnovers or carries and then will give away 2-3 silly penalties..just think now witht he young lads available in the back row its time to move him on..would love to see a back row of JOD, Hodnett, Coombes next season with Kendellen on the bench..agree on JOS..probably the least impressive of the youg lads but might need another season to get back to his best after the long injury
Yeah I can see where that would come from, I like him, he’s your typical undersized back rower but has a load of fight in him. I can forgive the penalties at the ruck as he’s a bit like Beirne in that he wins some where he should have been penalised and then he gets pinged on others where he’s clean. I guess silly penalties is part of the Munster trope!
Next season is his last isn’t it? Or maybe even this season.

I’m all in on Hodnett, he’s a bit like Connors at Leinster I don’t think he’ll ever be raved about and probably won’t get the recognition deserved but he should be class.

Agreed on Scannells. They've not lived up to the early promise. Very disappointing because they looked very promising some years back.

Archer imho is past it too at this stage.

Cloete certainly can do some exceptional things on occasion but he can NOT follow a game plan.

I was surprised about the Zebo extension. Under-used thus far this season certainly but don't know that he's done anything this season to merit an extension.

New contracts announced for Archer (1 year), Salanoa (2), Buckley(3), Liam O’Connor (1) and …

RG fucking Snyman (2)!!

Presumably Snyman is on reduced terms this time around? Would love to see him get back to anywhere close to match fitness. Wrap him in wool and let him loose in Dublin and the rest of Europe.
Would be very interesting to see if the ACL solidity is impacted more on someone so tall?

New contracts announced for Archer (1 year), Salanoa (2), Buckley(3), Liam O’Connor (1) and …

RG fucking Snyman (2)!!

Presumably Snyman is on reduced terms this time around? Would love to see him get back to anywhere close to match fitness. Wrap him in wool and let him loose in Dublin and the rest of Europe.
Would be very interesting to see if the ACL solidity is impacted more on someone so tall?
Huge roll of the dice there. The upside is huge with this guy, but fuck me, the risk is scary as well.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

All You Need Is Death (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:15pm

More events ▼