The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

I wouldn't wish to debate how much concern/love they have for the club as a sporting entity.

But they sure do love money...and letting Utd wither on the vine this summer, should the takeover talks drift into July and August, would do nothing to strengthen the value of the asset (and hence, their bargaining position)...which is why I think it's a hugely unlikely end game for this summer's transfer business.
Wouldn't worry them at all. They're holding out for a price and they'll get it too more than likely.

But not before they can scrounge every last penny they can. They're built up as good business people, they're not. They buy businesses and run them into the ground, scavenging what ever they can. That's their MO. They don't do building them up, increasing value and then selling.

BTW, add selling Ronaldo and pocketing the cash to the list.

Wouldn't worry them at all. They're holding out for a price and they'll get it too more than likely.

But not before they can scrounge every last penny they can. They're built up as good business people, they're not. They buy businesses and run them into the ground, scavenging what ever they can. That's their MO. They don't do building them up, increasing value and then selling.

Say what you want about the cunts but they're about to make somewhere in the region of 4 or 5bn profit from their investment in buying the club. That's not bad business in anyone's book (irrespective of our feelings about the state they'll leave the club in)

It would be a very high stakes* game to let the recruitment side of the business go to sh1t while, as the 1st Sep transfer deadline looms, at the same time you try to stare down Ratcliffe and/or the Qatari bidders to increase their bid.

I get that Utd fans have zero trust in the Glazers, but letting the club's recruitment wither on the vine this summer isn't in the interest of any interested parties*

* and stupid

** bar a select group of allied legends of the local sports talkpage scene

...and yet

iu

They'd supposedly agreed personal terms with Frenkie De Jong last summer too, doesn't mean a blessed thing.

Last edited:
iu

They'd supposedly agreed personal terms with Frenkie De Jong last summer too, doesn't mean a blessed thing.

IIRC Utd agreed the terms of transfer with Barcelona, but never agreed personal terms with De Jong (...due in some part to Barca trying to screw him over on the deferred wages he was entitled to).

But that's just a tangent. The news about Mount agreeing personal terms is a strong indicator that the Glazers, who haven't yet sold the club, are going to sanction transfer spend this summer.

Or do you disagree with that?

IIRC Utd agreed the terms of transfer with Barcelona, but never agreed personal terms with De Jong (...due in some part to Barca trying to screw him over on the deferred wages he was entitled to).

But that's just a tangent. The news about Mount agreeing personal terms is a strong indicator that the Glazers, who haven't yet sold the club, are going to sanction transfer spend this summer.

Or do you disagree with that?

I'll believe it when they are on the pitch with the obligatory scarf shot.

United's modus operandi is be linked to a player in June and drag it the whole way accross the window before paying an extra 10-20 million.

They're saying now United's valuation of Mount is 55 and Chelseas is 85.

For that money he can stay there or get him on a free in 12 months.

I'll believe it when they are on the pitch with the obligatory scarf shot.

Very true.

United's modus operandi is be linked to a player in June and drag it the whole way accross the window before paying an extra 10-20 million.

They're saying now United's valuation of Mount is 55 and Chelseas is 85.

For that money he can stay there or get him on a free in 12 months.

That's a crazy valuation alright from Chelsea, if true, especially as they need to offload players / wages.

Wherever Mount ends up I'd bet it's not far north (if at all) of that 55m mark.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼