The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

It's notable that such a militant, protest-heavy fanbase haven't so much as said a peep against the prospect of being taken over by a bunch of horrible sportswashers.

Sure they might decide against busting up their stadium again, but nothing? No protest? No public statement from fans groups? Not even a protest banner?
Not a Norwich scarf to be seen

It's notable that such a militant, protest-heavy fanbase haven't so much as said a peep against the prospect of being taken over by a bunch of horrible sportswashers.

Sure they might decide against busting up their stadium again, but nothing? No protest? No public statement from fans groups? Not even a protest banner?
0_GettyImages-1464436259.jpg

:lol!::lol!::lol!::lol!::lol!::lol!:

Good news about Utd's recent financial results - another £60 M added to the debt.

These figures weaken the bargaining position of the Mutants.

When you add the money owed on deferred payments of transfer fees - the real debt is close to £1 Bn.

The investment required in the squad largely down to Glazer/Woodward mismanagement is huge also - £300M IMO

Add in the deteriorating state of the Stadium - probably requires £500M - The Glazers don't care about the comfort of the fans but as it deteriorates it's going to be difficult to keep pulling out dividends and ignoring the crumbling OT.

The mismanagement has created a black hole in the finances of close to £2 Bn. There is no prospect of the £50 M pa dividends resuming for the mutant clan.

The talk of Avram wanting to stay in control is absolute drivel - No one is buying that - least of all Radcliffe and Jassim.

I don't know what INEOS/Radcliffe are up to here - This is only a trophy/sports washing purchase and only an oil/gas state can make this stand up.

INEOS can't make a financial return from a 4 to 5 Bn outlay by trading. The only way is like Fenway - build the asset value and try to flog it. But at the crazy premium that Mutants are holding out for - It makes no commercial sense to me. INEOS are the same as the Glazer Family - effectively Vulture Funds but INEOS has the capability of a decent financial plan but I can't see a viable exit for value in their case.

There are not many oil/gas states out there that want to invest and the Russian Oligarchs are falling out of windows so once the mutants have hooked a big fish (Qatar)
They have to do the deal - simple as.

Qatar won't be screwed around for ever. SAF allowed Malcolm Glazer get a foot in the door by his Rock of Gibraltar tight Scottish Git stupidity - Maybe Malc might have got another route but I think Magnier would have blocked him.

Glazers will walk away with £ 4 Bn profit - the only way the small stakeholders - the fans - will see their interests protected is by Qatar - the price to pay for that is ownership by a state with odious values and appalling human rights record.

Not great choices for supporters but that's life.

Blocking Philby was a great move for me - making a post like this and not reading a sarcastic inane reaction is a big plus.

don't know what INEOS/Radcliffe are up to here - This is only a trophy/sports washing purchase and only an oil/gas state can make this stand up.

INEOS can't make a financial return from a 4 to 5 Bn outlay by trading. The only way is like Fenway - build the asset value and try to flog it. But at the crazy premium that Mutants are holding out for - It makes no commercial sense to me. INEOS are the same as the Glazer Family - effectively Vulture Funds but INEOS has the capability of a decent financial plan but I can't see a viable exit for value in their case.
Very good point Baz. I can only assume the price tag is wrapped up in the brand but like you said, how would you generate a return on 4bn by trading alone (assuming physical assets reach approx 1bn valuation after renovations).

I'd say ineos taking over would result in some serious belt tightening at Utd which would mean way fewer silly buys like VVG and the fidget spinner but also it'd mean the days of financially competing with Chelsea and City for the high price players would be gone.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Monster (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼