The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Yeah, they're the most likely winner, but i wouldn't rule Radcliffe out completely. Don't think you can get to be that rich without putting up a fight and being ultra resourceful.

Even though Utd Supporters have no input into whether Ineos or Qatar buys Utd - I do think that preferences in this are relevant.

You've got 2 issues at play here

The morality issue - should states with very questionable principles and human rights records be allowed to purchase sporting franchises like Utd and should supporters voice their disapproval if they have moral and ethical concerns ?

The Finance Issue - Man Utd has been owned for 17 years by a family that took control by a highly leveraged financing structure- this diverted a large portion of t/o to interest repayments and dividends.
An INEOS ownership will involve much greater debt levels but we don't know the structure and whether any of the debt will be leveraged against assets. We also don't know anything about the repayment of capital and interest. Is it out of the frying pan and into the fire. INEOS is a chemicals giant and perhaps it's profits will service the debt independently of Utd t/o. We just don't know.

Qatar is a very undesirable owner with an appalling human rights record but where do you draw the line. US condemned Saudi Arabia for the murder of Adnan Khashoggi but then had to restore relations as it needed Saudi cooperation on the Ru/Oil sanctions issue. So if we have a problem with Qatar buying Utd do we want to stop the import of Qatari Gas ? It's not an easy issue to deal with.

Journalists were rightly abhorred at the murder of their colleague Mr. Khashoggi but that didn't stop many of them reporting on games from St James Park.

Same way on Utd Supporters on Qatar - it's ok to say you don't want them as owners but if they take over, will disgruntled fans stop attending games at OT or watching Utd on TV.

My answer to the last question is no - I'll still go to OT and watch on TV so I'm reluctant to condemn the Qatari ownership as it could be a little hypocritical.

Same thing applies to LIV golf - it's a big issue and not easy to get consensus.

My answer to the last question is no - I'll still go to OT and watch on TV so I'm reluctant to condemn the Qatari ownership as it could be a little hypocritical.

Same thing applies to LIV golf - it's a big issue and not easy to get consensus.

Sounds like you are quite the sportswashed patsy.

You should see it is as your club, regardless of whoever happens to own it at any point in time. Owners come and go.

Why couldn't you support the players on the pitch without feeling like doing so means you need to ignore the misdeeds of the owners?

Sounds like you are quite the sportswashed patsy.

You should see it is as your club, regardless of whoever happens to own it at any point in time. Owners come and go.

Why couldn't you support the players on the pitch without feeling like doing so means you need to ignore the misdeeds of the owners?

The bids arn't even finalised and Phil is rattled out of his mind. Great to see.

Ye had a clear run for a decade m8 and ye amassed as many titles as football powerhouse Leicester.

Hard luck m8, try not to be too bitter.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼