The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

It's a cardinal rule that if you place your hands on the ref then you're a hostage to fortune.

They're even increasingly touchy enough about any verbals - which I partly understand, as the instances of serious attacks on referees at lower levels of non-league football are really getting out of hand. It's a slippery slope. The sport* definitely needs, top-down, to show referees more respect.

Bruno was probably lucky that the referee's assistant didn't choose to make an issue of his petulance. If he had, then any defence (or appeal, if it resulted in a ban) would be tough.

But Mitro's was on another level. It was menacing and the kind of behaviour that refs simply can't be seen to tolerate.

* except Klopp, obvs.
This.

They got lucky, not sure why they can’t just accept it and move on with their lives.

Roy Keane is right (as usual) - It was a ropey performance by United and they really got out of jail.

It's not easy to be in top form after an away EL game on a Thursday evening. No time to prepare properly for the cup game.

Starting Maguire and McTominay was always going to be a big risk.
But it was either Lindelof or Maguire and Mitrovic would have bullied Lindelof

Either McTominay or Fred. - both equally well off the required level.

Casemiro is vital in defence and offence. Without him and Ericsson Bruno was the only guy to play a killer ball and he was typically frustrating in the opening 70 mins.

Going to Newcastle without Casemiro is a big ask
That's a 6 pointer for top 4

Too many competitions for a limited squad. If Rashford is injured, it could be curtains

On the plus side Sancho is getting there and Anthony is starting to show his quality.
I'm beginning to think ETH might know more about football management than me LOL

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼