The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

I’ve been a United fan my whole life and deplore the Glazers they have absolutely ransacked one of the biggest clubs in the history of sport and left them in a bad state however what do ye think of the prospect of another US consortium or Oil state taking over?
Radcliffe looks a decent option but I think it could be to good to be true, not sure he’s going to hand over half is net worth for love of United. The market value is 4-5bn but if Chelsea is anything to go by it will go for considerably more plus the 1bn of debt and approx 500m in stadium and squad development. Whoever takes over won’t get much change from 10bn to get them competitive again which narrows the pool of suitors. I personally couldn’t stomach a sovereign wealth fund taking over to make the club another toy for these billionaires.

How does a non state owned company get a return on this kind of investment?

I’ve been a United fan my whole life and deplore the Glazers they have absolutely ransacked one of the biggest clubs in the history of sport and left them in a bad state however what do ye think of the prospect of another US consortium or Oil state taking over?
Radcliffe looks a decent option but I think it could be to good to be true, not sure he’s going to hand over half is net worth for love of United. The market value is 4-5bn but if Chelsea is anything to go by it will go for considerably more plus the 1bn of debt and approx 500m in stadium and squad development. Whoever takes over won’t get much change from 10bn to get them competitive again which narrows the pool of suitors. I personally couldn’t stomach a sovereign wealth fund taking over to make the club another toy for these billionaires.

How does a non state owned company get a return on this kind of investment?
I'm not sure they'd be looking for much of a return financially, just more ancillary benefits of being associated with a succeful sporting "brand" as they see it. The likes of United and Liverpool might be huge sporting clubs, but they could be bought with the spare change of one of those bohemoths like Amazon or Apple.

I'm not sure they'd be looking for much of a return financially, just more ancillary benefits of being associated with a succeful sporting "brand" as they see it. The likes of United and Liverpool might be huge sporting clubs, but they could be bought with the spare change of one of those bohemoths like Amazon or Apple.
Maybe! I’m still not convinced anyone even of the size of Apple/Amazon would be willing to spunk away that kind of coin unless they have some clever way of multiplying advertising revenue though ‘content’. I’m sure they have plenty ways that I’m not aware of as I know nothing about that world. The Glazers leaving is amazing but just looking at Chelsea and Todd Boley coming in sacking Tuchel and making himself sports director, something like this frightens me. United are a big enough company to stand on they’re own feet. If you take debt and dividends out of the picture and add it to the normal investment there is hope but the new owners need to sort out the back round management.

Maybe! I’m still not convinced anyone even of the size of Apple/Amazon would be willing to spunk away that kind of coin unless they have some clever way of multiplying advertising revenue though ‘content’. I’m sure they have plenty ways that I’m not aware of as I know nothing about that world. The Glazers leaving is amazing but just looking at Chelsea and Todd Boley coming in sacking Tuchel and making himself sports director, something like this frightens me. United are a big enough company to stand on they’re own feet. If you take debt and dividends out of the picture and add it to the normal investment there is hope but the new owners need to sort out the back round management.
Agree with all that.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Red Hot Chilli Pipers
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

9th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Little Known & Mossy & Pebbledash

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼