The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Manchester United being the bigger club and a bigger global brand is far more attractive than Liverpool.

"Brand" is a bit of a nebulous concept, but I'd imagine there's not much of a gulf between the two these days, given Liverpool have largely outperformed Utd in recent years.

But certainly there's scope for Man Utd to build the brand more if they can get back in the mix for the biggest trophies.

The debt will be parked long term anyway and a few hundred million £££ investment in facilities etc will be nothing to any cash rich Middle East investor who is struggling to park all the $$$ from the recent rise in energy prices.

The British economy is focked anyway so it is a great time to come in and carpetbag and get things done for less.

That's what I thought until the quotes started coming in for my kitchen extension :ROFLMAO:

1669215265016.png

Putting aside any morality concerns, as a publicly listed company the duty of directors is to maximise value for existing shareholders.

That doesn't mean that they necessarilly always have to accept the highest bid, but size of the bid will be a significant factor.

Many of the (valid) fan concerns around the relative merits of competing bidding parties will be of little legal relevance when it comes to choosing between offers.

Utd fans are pissing against the wind if they think that the Glazers will suddenly develop a conscience when they're about to pull the multi-billion dollar ejector seat.

"Brand" is a bit of a nebulous concept, but I'd imagine there's not much of a gulf between the two these days, given Liverpool have largely outperformed Utd in recent years.

But certainly there's scope for Man Utd to build the brand more if they can get back in the mix for the biggest trophies.

That's what I thought until the quotes started coming in for my kitchen extension :ROFLMAO:
Wealthy Arabs will want to be around more wealth in the Manchester area with its designer shops, hotels and penthouses type rubbish compared to Liverpool as the only other city outside London with the money and wealth bullshit that they love (cover everything in gold even the food).

What happens on the pitch is cyclical anyway as all the interested bidders will have grown up during the Ferguson era anyway.

P.S. there are a few lads from Birkenhead who will do your kitchen for £10k cash with £5k up front. No questions.
1669216554980.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼