The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

So in the centuries of man’s existence before video was invented, all convictions for crimes are a bit iffy ?

Come off the stage now will ya,

Courts in most modern societies operate based on a threshold of "beyond reasonable doubt", not "absolute certainty".

Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

I don't recall saying that I have no doubt that he's committed rape. Unless a crime is captured on video there's always at least a sliver of doubt.

If you're basing this only off the "He's a lucky man not to have done time" comment, then it was meant in the sense that if you effectively admit on paper to committing an offence it can be very tricky to walk that back and be found innocent in a court.

Only two people will truly know definitively what happened that night behind closed doors.

Sounds like we are in the same ballpark in terms of opinion on this case though, unlike your other half. Although he'll never be convicted, those comments of his are a major red flag.
So you have doubts about whether he did it or not, but you're happy to keep bringing it up every now and then to score points? As you are with Giggs, who also has not been convicted of a crime (I've no doubt he's a scumbag, but that's a different thing to being convicted)

Wow Phil, I see fuck all difference with you doing that and some others bringing up Hillsborough or Hysel to have a go at Liverpool at various times.

So you have doubts about whether he did it or not, but you're happy to keep bringing it up every now and then to score points? As you are with Giggs, who also has not been convicted of a crime (I've no doubt he's a scumbag, but that's a different thing to being convicted)

Wow Phil, I see fuck all difference with you doing that and some others bringing up Hillsborough or Hysel to have a go at Liverpool at various times.

M8. Your missus brought it up, to have a go at the gooners and cast doubt on the (alleged) victim's integrity.

I simply commented on aspects of the case which are in the public domain. You yourself agreed that his documented comments were a big red flag. It's ok for you to say it but not me?

tbphwy I see a world of difference between that and making false allegations that Liverpool fans were at fault for the deaths at Hillsborough

M8. Your missus brought it up, to have a go at the gooners and cast doubt on the (alleged) victim's integrity.

I simply commented on aspects of the case which are in the public domain. You yourself agreed that his documented comments were a big red flag. It's ok for you to say it but not me?
I don't bring it up at all Phil. There's a difference. As Hank pointed out, you seem to have a weird predilection for these cases.
tbphwy I see a world of difference between that and making false allegations that Liverpool fans were at fault for the deaths at Hillsborough
I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen it, which is kind of apt, given the discussion.

And I haven't been shy to point out when both tragedies were used for point scoring either.

I swear, I love the banter here. It's good fun, with some terrific back and forths. I really don't see why these things are used for "bants" at all. There's nothing remotely funny about any of it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼