The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Yeah, that’s about the size of it.

You mentioned it already, but AWB was utterly dreadful. The amount of attacks that broke down with him refusing to do anything other than a safe ball will mean Dalot is a certainty to start on Saturday.

I’d say he might even promote a young fella to deputise for him.

AWB was never United quality.

If their scouting network identified him among 800 candidates or whatever PR bullshit figure they gave , then they should all be sacked.

Matic was as good as you could have expected in a position unfamiliar to him.

Baily had a couple of brainfarts but saved a goal too. A wildly inconsistent player.

Greenwood took the goal excellently but did a lot of throwing his hands in the air.

Elanga and Amad should both have scored, their inexperience showed but the appearance will stand to them.

No one will remember this performance come the seasons end. Roll on Norwich on Saturday.

tenor.gif

The second leg of the round of 16 is sandwiched in between these

Liverpool a
Spurs h
City a

United have either

PSG
Atlético Madrid
Sporting CP
Inter Milan
RB Salzburg
Benfica

Id say 100% we get Lieti or PSG.

I don't think we will challenge for anything this season, the emphasis should be on making the style of play automatic to the players.
A good clearance of deadwood in January and bringing in two midfielders who fit the plan is necessary. A right full back as cover for Dalot will also be a priority.
I would then expect to see us competing next year if all goes to plan.
It all seems pointless though if we change the manager again in six months who has different ideas.

I don't think we will challenge for anything this season, the emphasis should be on making the style of play automatic to the players.
A good clearance of deadwood in January and bringing in two midfielders who fit the plan is necessary. A right full back as cover for Dalot will also be a priority.
I would then expect to see us competing next year if all goes to plan.
It all seems pointless though if we change the manager again in six months who has different ideas.

Wouldn't agree at all.

They should be going all in for the UCL. 7 games to win it and theres no real outstanding sides this year.

Top four is the priority but they need to be going for a good cut off the cup as well.
Its ridiculous that United are four years without a trophy.

And they are still singing the name of the gowl responsible.

Wouldn't agree at all.

They should be going all in for the UCL. 7 games to win it and theres no real outstanding sides this year.

Top four is the priority but they need to be going for a good cut off the cup as well.
Its ridiculous that United are four years without a trophy.

And they are still singing the name of the gowl responsible.
Playing that system for a full 90 will take time, I see mistakes in Maguire waiting to happen against better teams.

Rangnick: "We could have cleared the ball easily. Whenever we played the ball into the second or third line we were always dangerous".

" What was annoying was how we gave the goal away. We played too many balls into the first line of their pressing area and this was also the case for the goal we conceded."

" I told them that before the game but still they played in that situation. Five metre pass and they were just waiting for the ball, it was more or less a pressing invitation that we sent."

At least we finally have a manager who can identify what they are after doing wrong and work on it rather than throwing out meaningless generalities.

Rangnick: "We could have cleared the ball easily. Whenever we played the ball into the second or third line we were always dangerous".

" What was annoying was how we gave the goal away. We played too many balls into the first line of their pressing area and this was also the case for the goal we conceded."

" I told them that before the game but still they played in that situation. Five metre pass and they were just waiting for the ball, it was more or less a pressing invitation that we sent."

At least we finally have a manager who can identify what they are after doing wrong and work on it rather than throwing out meaningless generalities.

To play through a press you need CBs who are both accurate and ambitious in their distribution.

Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly are all bang average (at best) on the ball.

Of the current crop of CBs only Varane is capable of what Ralf Picnic needs from that position.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼