The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Everything Rangnick says I like, he sounds ruthless, now we need to see him walk the walk with players who's ego's are bigger than their talent.
Personally I can't wait to see what unfolds.

Manchester United are planning to make Ralf Rangnick the club’s first ‘Sporting Director’ once he has finished his stint as interim manager.

Hopefully the first thing he does is give p45s to Carrick, McKenna , Phelan , GK coach Richard Hartis and the rest of Ole's third rate coaching staff.

Its farcical that for years they have had a team in place that would struggle to get an interview for a position with Norwich.

The policies of selecting players irrespective of how they are performing and playing a formation to somehow protect players not upto it (Maguire) is hopefully over.

Maguire is as mobile as a stuck container ship in a canal.

Its nigh on impossible to play a high line with him.

Lindelof and Varane.

Wan Bissaka and Shaw have been pitiful this season. Its as good a chance as any for the likes of Telles and Dalot to stake a claim for a starting position.

This feels like the start of something good, I'm not expecting us to win trophies this season but we can improve enormously and use the season as a blueprint for the future.
"Hope I'm not getting ahead of myself".

I think this is a very good move by MUFC. The players need a massive kick in the hole and RR has the confidence of knowing he’s moving upstairs at end of the season and ruffling a few feathers will have no consequences for him in this role. Maguire, AWB, McFred, Martial, Greenwood and Ronaldo are not suited to a high pressing game, due to ability or work rate issues. Only Ronaldo is worth indulging. Greenwood is worth persisting with due to his talent. The rest of them can be looking for a move and United will be better for their departure.

MUFC confident of finalising a deal for Rangnick before Sunday’s game at Chelsea. United waiting on Home Office re: work permit application. As such, he won’t be in the dug out v Chelsea. It’s close now.

Rangnick being given access to United’s training sessions from an array of different camera angles so he can familiarise himself with the players & work before he arrives in bid to hit ground running. Bringing small number of staff with him. Lars Kornetka one of those.

The two-year consultancy offer was proposed on reflection after an initial interview on Monday when Rangnick greatly impressed. Club felt he was someone whose expertise and wealth of knowledge they wanted beyond just a six month interim contract.

[James Ducker, Telegraph]

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼