The official Lufc Thread

I was certain we were down after we only drew with Palace before the Man City/ Arsenal / Chelsea sequence. Then through that sequence we seemed to be taking the pisspoor defence of the Bielsa era and adding to it an inability to score goals - before the draw/win sequence saved us at the last minute. So, I wonder what benefit there is to staying up - if we go through a third season hoping for no injuries to a small squad and continuing to rely on too many Championship-standard players in the team then we'll continue to operate in the 15th to 19th zone.

Clearly there's not going to be a big splash on new players through the summer - Raphina and Phillips may well be sold - and even if we did have a bag of new stars could Marsch manage them? I drink my morning cuppa from a Marcelo Bielsa mug - but could never imagine drinking it from a Marsch mug. Lads, it's a depressing morning here at Terrier towers...

I was certain we were down after we only drew with Palace before the Man City/ Arsenal / Chelsea sequence. Then through that sequence we seemed to be taking the pisspoor defence of the Bielsa era and adding to it an inability to score goals - before the draw/win sequence saved us at the last minute. So, I wonder what benefit there is to staying up - if we go through a third season hoping for no injuries to a small squad and continuing to rely on too many Championship-standard players in the team then we'll continue to operate in the 15th to 19th zone.

Clearly there's not going to be a big splash on new players through the summer - Raphina and Phillips may well be sold - and even if we did have a bag of new stars could Marsch manage them? I drink my morning cuppa from a Marcelo Bielsa mug - but could never imagine drinking it from a Marsch mug. Lads, it's a depressing morning here at Terrier towers...
I'd be more optimistic. Aaronson on who is an attacking midfielder is been signed at the moment. I think Philips will stay and if we hold on to Raphael until after the world cup he could be worth 100 million. We definitely need 2 more defenders and 1 midfielder. A striker up front is a must and Nketiah is been spoken about. Big investment is definitely needed and I think it will happen. I only hope Orta is kicked out. He got fierce abuse yesterday from fans for not signing anyone and for firing Bielsa. MOT.

Id be more optimistic, I feel we have got out of jail and lessons will be learned, Lots of work to be done, New left full, and a striker badly needed, Raphinha will go, Phillips i expect to stay,

Where there's life there's hope BT m8.

I think Bielsa for all his swashbuckling style was in a death spiral and would have taken ye down.

At certain points you have to be pragmatic and take 3 nil and shut up shop.

Leeds horrendous goal difference could very well have doomed them.

Where there's life there's hope BT m8.

I think Bielsa for all his swashbuckling style was in a death spiral and would have taken ye down.

At certain points you have to be pragmatic and take 3 nil and shut up shop.

Leeds horrendous goal difference could very well have doomed them.
No, I agree Bielsa had us in a death spiral and a change was needed for sure. It's just very uninspiring ATM - hopefully the lads' predictions come to pass.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Cliffords
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

27th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Underground Ovation Open Decks

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼