The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

He might be a facist cunt but he's not wrong here

He looks a very handy coach alright. Sure the Brighton set-up can help make it a soft landing for new managers, but you still need to get your ideas across & get buy-in from the player - which he's done wonderfully.

From a betting perspective, PP have put him straight in as 13/2 third favourite but I wouldnt touch him. Who knows when Klopp will move on and whether De Zerbi will still be held in such high regard when that rolls around. I'd wager Napoli will be his next club.

For quite a while now PP have had Ljinders top of the market, but he wouldn't get my vote. When Klopp moves on he'll leave big shoes to fill & I think the club will need a big personality to step in & chart their own path. Ljinders isn't that and won't likely have the influx of new ideas as he's been part of the coaching setup for many years.

There aren't too many inspiring names in the list below.

Luis Enrique is one I've always had a soft spot for - as player & manager.
Nagelsmann has promise, but if he takes on a new role by the summer is he likely to be free if Klopp stays on to summer 2026?
Alonso is intriguing, if he show sufficient promise in the meantime.

He's not on the list below, but I can see Marco Rose being in the mix - with Klopp's blessing. Liverpool look to scout heavily in Portugal, so Ruben Amorim will probably be on their radar, if he can oversee a resurgence at Sporting.

Bar Tedesco, nobody on a price bigger than 25/1 would have any realistic chance of being the next manager imho and there's probably an even money chance that the next manager isn't even on the list below. Managerial reputations come & go.

1679652043885.png
1679652069052.png

Last edited:
He looks a very handy coach alright. Sure the Brighton set-up can help make it a soft landing for new managers, but you still need to get your ideas across & get buy-in from the player - which he's done wonderfully.

From a betting perspective, PP have put him straight in as 13/2 third favourite but I wouldnt touch him. Who knows when Klopp will move on and whether De Zerbi will still be held in such high regard when that rolls around. I'd wager Napoli will be his next club.

For quite a while now PP have had Ljinders top of the market, but he wouldn't get my vote. When Klopp moves on he'll leave big shoes to fill & I think the club will need a big personality to step in & chart their own path. Ljinders isn't that and won't likely have the influx of new ideas as he's been part of the coaching setup for many years.

There aren't too many inspiring names in the list below.

Luis Enrique is one I've always had a soft spot for - as player & manager.
Nagelsmann has promise, but if he takes on a new role by the summer is he likely to be free if Klopp stays on to summer 2026?
Alonso is intriguing, if he show sufficient promise in the meantime.

He's not on the list below, but I can see Marco Rose being in the mix - with Klopp's blessing. Liverpool look to scout heavily in Portugal, so Ruben Amorim will probably be on their radar, if he can oversee a resurgence at Sporting.

Bar Tedesco, nobody on a price bigger than 25/1 would have any realistic chance of being the next manager imho and there's probably an even money chance that the next manager isn't even on the list below. Managerial reputations come & go.

View attachment 19949
View attachment 19950
I think this season was the time for a rebuild (and sales). The next best time would be next season. I'd imagine Klopp has enough credit in the bank to go at it again.
Whether he has the stomach for it is another question though.

After Mbappe tearing VVD apart last week it's now Marco VB's turn

"He makes noise, but he doesn't say anything," Van Basten told Ziggo Sport. "He is not clear. A good captain thinks aloud, makes it clear what is going on. He stays in between. He creates chaos. That leads to misunderstandings. That is what you, as a captain, must prevent.

"In the dressing room he is good, football tactically and technically not. You need another gentleman on the field. This has nothing to do with that injury, this has to do with leadership. He makes noise, but he says nothing. That's true. This is in you. This is wanting to win at all costs."

After Mbappe tearing VVD apart last week it's now Marco VB's turn

"He makes noise, but he doesn't say anything," Van Basten told Ziggo Sport. "He is not clear. A good captain thinks aloud, makes it clear what is going on. He stays in between. He creates chaos. That leads to misunderstandings. That is what you, as a captain, must prevent.

"In the dressing room he is good, football tactically and technically not. You need another gentleman on the field. This has nothing to do with that injury, this has to do with leadership. He makes noise, but he says nothing. That's true. This is in you. This is wanting to win at all costs."

How dare he? VanGuire is the bestest defender Eva.

#DifferentLevels.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Carsie Blanton
The White Horse, Ballincollig

13th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Felix Da Housecat

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼