The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Watch it on RTE so! Or are you on that benighted island off the mainland?

First EPL team to get maximum points from the group stages. I expect John and Mary will be in shortly to give us a guard of honour, without a single comment regarding how shite all the other teams were and they don't care about that sort of thing anyway and get down off our high horses and go back to robbing bins.
RTE? I can only long for the dulcet tones of Ronnie Whelan and Ray "I'd have scored that" Houghton over here.
It's alright though, after bigging up the Ashes the Poms got whalloped over night.

I expected Liverpool to qualify from that group.

Tbf, English football is on such a high that atm, I'd expect any English team to qualify from any group.

Thank fuck for Ronaldo though, or United wouldn't have.

I'll be honest Phil, Liverpool are scaring me* atm. I hope it all blows up of course and I was woryying over nothing. United should have fought tooth and nial at OT to keep ye out of the CL. Instead they relaxed and we mgiht pay for it :sad:

Allison gives me hope mind. If De gea dd what he did last ngiht for the goal and almost leaving Milan in from a back pass, He's be murdered for it.
Let's be honest, Allison should be able to depend on a player on the near post at least connecting with the ball. Mini-mi is not impressing at the moment.

I expected Liverpool to qualify from that group.

Tbf, English football is on such a high that atm, I'd expect any English team to qualify from any group.

Thank fuck for Ronaldo though, or United wouldn't have.

I'll be honest Phil, Liverpool are scaring me* atm. I hope it all blows up of course and I was woryying over nothing. United should have fought tooth and nial at OT to keep ye out of the CL. Instead they relaxed and we mgiht pay for it :sad:

Allison gives me hope mind. If De gea dd what he did last ngiht for the goal and almost leaving Milan in from a back pass, He's be murdered for it.

DDG back to close to his best at the moment and has been taking the deserved plaudits for it!!
Only when he had series of bad errors over short period of time was he being murdered and most of the blows were coming from Man United supporters calling for Henderson to be given the gig full time or for club to splurge another £80m or whatever to bring in Oblak.

Took a bit of flak for the shambolic goal he conceded to Arsenal but tbf that was down to his own player stepping on his foot and most of the ridicule was rightly directed at Martin Atkinson.

Took a bit of flak for the shambolic goal he conceded to Arsenal but tbf that was down to his own player stepping on his foot and most of the ridicule was rightly directed at Martin Atkinson.

Huh?

The ref did his job and applied the rules of the game.

Don't think he took much flak for that (nor should he have). He was placed in a tough position but actually did himself a big favour by resisting the urge to blow his whistle early - on the assumption that it was an opposition player who fouled the keeper.

If he'd whistled early and Arsenal had missed out on a legitimate goal because two opposition players got in eachother's way then he'd really (and rightfully) take a serious beating in the press.

Alisson should've been more physically robust up against Ogbonna for West Ham. Likewise, DDG folded like lawn chair on the assumption that it was an opposition player who stood on his foot.

Let's be honest, Allison should be able to depend on a player on the near post at least connecting with the ball. Mini-mi is not impressing at the moment.
He should, but he should also be anticipating that he might not.

He did. Look at it again. He took two little steps back to cover himself in case the ball somehow squirmed through at the near post.

It came at him quickly, and he probably didn't have a great view of it, but once the ball came through a keeper would've wanted to get it away from the danger zone - which he didn't do.

Not sure I'd swap Alisson for anyone else, maybe Oblak. I think all keepers have a bad day or a big mistake in them-we saw it with Mendy last week. Surprised Kelleher didn't get a run in one of those CL games-LC v Leicester will be his next chance I guess.

possible opponents in CL r16-PSG, Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Salzburg, Inter, Villareal or Atalanta(Atalanta need to win that match tomorrow to get 2nd in group), draw is on Monday i think.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

18th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼