The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

You’ve lightened up as the day progressed Donny.

I love a good monday club myself tbh.
Time was......

Now, not a hope. Was out for the match yesterday, and it was the first drink since Christmas. Feckin bastard hangover today.

Fulham Spurs and a cup of tea for me tonight m8.

How the mighty have fallen 😥

Right ye pair of bums.

Liverpool are having an absolute shit show of a season and no-one can be absolved of blame. The loss of Mane and failure to improve the aged leggy midfield has been a major problem.

The funds made available in january were miss spent. That’s on Klopp.

The main players have been shit.
VVD and Trent have attitude problems as if the basics of defending are beneath them.

The entire team is being consistently out-ran.

The midfield is mid-table as proven by the table. Elliot and Carvalho are too lightweight, Gapko looks average at best and Nunez would have you tear your hair out.

Injuries to Jota, Diaz and Firmino haven’t helped obviously but without a functioning midfield the entire team is fucked. Robertson and Alisson would get a 6/10 half term report and that’s about it.

Salah started the season brightly enough and is on track for 25-30 goals again. I said at the time of the new contract that I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a semi-stroke by the owners to maintain his value rather than him leaving

Tl;dr : 'My team are shite, I ❤ Bumnal'

Ghey.

Jarrod Bowen, Cody Gapko and Darwin to lead the line next year.

Doing. It. Differently.

TBF Diaz has settled really well and was the side's best performing player (within a squad playing absolutely shite admittedly) prior to his injury. IMHO he's the most likely to be the most prominent attacking player as Salah transitions away at some point in the next 2.5 years (IMHO most likely in summer 2024).

Firmino should be thanked profusely in the summer for his contribution & shown the door when his contract expires in the summer. You could make a case for 1 year extension at reduced wages, but a player of his class would be mad to accept it.

Jota has quietly missed a lot of games in his Liverpool career. If he can stay fit then he'll get plenty of minutes as the likes of Gakpo & Darwin will create a lot of chances and Jota is arguably the best finisher at the club.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Joachim Cooder
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

2nd May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: The Gong Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼