The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Quite possibly.

I see City have Chelsea as their second last game, which could be interesting.

I was hoping they'd have a tough first few weeks, to give them a chance of wobbling while Haaland beds in. But aside from West Ham, which is a tough first game, their first couple of months are pretty manageable....though Crystal Palace have proven to be their nemesis in recent seasons, so who knows.

August
7: West Ham (a)
13: Bournemouth (h)
20: Newcastle United (a)
27: Crystal Palace (h)
31: Nottingham Forest (h)

September
3: Aston Villa (a)
10: Tottenham Hotspur (h)
17: Wolves (a)
The Leicester and Liverpool PL wins would show that getting a run on City is the way to catch them but doesn’t look like it’ll be happening based on that fixture list anyway.

Granted everyone must play everyone twice, for those who like to be smart. :D

Calvin Ramsay incoming for £6.5m. Very young, ball playing right back. Cover for Trent which is needed. And by all accounts that is the last of the incomings which is surprising because midfield could do with some quality but I think Klopp wants Bellingham who isn’t available this summer.

And by all accounts that is the last of the incomings which is surprising because midfield could do with some quality but I think Klopp wants Bellingham who isn’t available this summer.

You'd assume that only one of Keita or Ox will depart this summer (surely the latter).

Will mean that there'll be plenty of minutes available in midfield for Jones & Elliot. Up to them to sink or swim.

You'd assume that only one of Keita or Ox will depart this summer (surely the latter).

Will mean that there'll be plenty of minutes available in midfield for Jones & Elliot. Up to them to sink or swim.
Possibly won’t sell either if no incomings are planned for there? Bear in mind Minamino and Origi will be gone as squad players. Both played big roles in winning the cups.

Carvalho can play in midfield or in attack but he’s actually a 10. Mane will be gone along with Phillips, Neco Williams and either Ox or Minamino. Wouldn’t sell both of the latter.

Journalists are now saying Liverpool are finished buying for this window. With the early start in August it makes sense to have a preseason with full squad. Nunez, Carvahlo and Ramsey all look like good, young additions to the squad. Probably overpaid for Nunez but he has good CL form. Other two are very cheap for what they could become. Presume Ox, Minamino and maybe Neco Williams will leave. Robbo, Salah and a few others will have a nice break in Nov/Dec. so that should motivate them to get a good start.

Journalists are now saying Liverpool are finished buying for this window. With the early start in August it makes sense to have a preseason with full squad. Nunez, Carvahlo and Ramsey all look like good, young additions to the squad. Probably overpaid for Nunez but he has good CL form. Other two are very cheap for what they could become. Presume Ox, Minamino and maybe Neco Williams will leave. Robbo, Salah and a few others will have a nice break in Nov/Dec. so that should motivate them to get a good start.
There’s no way Ox and Minamino will both leave. Both versatile cover so only one will go. Minamino likely based on getting more money.

Club doing the smart thing and waiting for the right midfielder to become available as opposed to buying someone they’re unsure of. I’d imagine Bellingham is that midfielder they want. Talks of getting his brother too which would also help draw the older brother along too.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Fin Taylor

Coughlan's, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼