The Official Lenient Sentence Thread

Mr O'Higgins submitted that the incident stemmed out of "16-year-olds messing" and was not an act of gratuitous violence.

He said the incident occurred during the Covid-19 pandemic, when there was no school, no structure and no social outlets for teenagers.

W....T.....ABSOLUTE............F? Once again, how these scumbag legal shysters sleep at night is beyond me.

This shit bird seems to have been prosecuted for a number of things. The judge said that the max he could have sent him up for was five years. But if the charges had been disaggregated and tried separately, could a longer (consecutive) sentence been produced?

“He [Judge Martin Nolan] said he had to take into consideration the fact that prison can be difficult for a former garda.”

This really should not be a consideration when it comes to sentencing in a case like this.

“He [Judge Martin Nolan] said he had to take into consideration the fact that prison can be difficult for a former garda.”

This really should not be a consideration when it comes to sentencing in a case like this.
The judge is correct that prison is hard on ex-cops. On the other hand, one would not want prisons to be welcoming to ex-cops. In any case, this guy broke the law and knew it. And he knew what prison is like for cops.

Mr O'Higgins submitted that the incident stemmed out of "16-year-olds messing" and was not an act of gratuitous violence.

He said the incident occurred during the Covid-19 pandemic, when there was no school, no structure and no social outlets for teenagers.

W....T.....ABSOLUTE............F? Once again, how these scumbag legal shysters sleep at night is beyond me.
How many years are you posting here and still can't grasp that a solicitor's job is to get his client off or at least a lenient sentence. What did you expect the solicitor to say " lock him up and give him the maximum sentence"
Jez wept, cop on to yourself.

How many years are you posting here and still can't grasp that a solicitor's job is to get his client off or at least a lenient sentence. What did you expect the solicitor to say " lock him up and give him the maximum sentence"
Jez wept, cop on to yourself.
Piss off. If it was your daughter that fell under the train you wouldn't be half so smart with your own bullshit comments.

Piss off. If it was your daughter that fell under the train you wouldn't be half so smart with your own bullshit comments.
No need to get so emotional, it isn't my fault that after years posting here you still don't know what a solicitors job is. The only one making bullshit comments is yourself due to ignorance of the legal system.
If it was my daughter, I would be blaming the judge

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Tony Roberts

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼