The Official Lenient Sentence Thread

Ah fellas, in my day robbery with a weapon just meant the fella wanted a pound. So what if the person is shaken up, the poor old sort just wanted a pound. I went back to walking on my way despite being held up and threatened with a smashed bottle over my head. I talked to people after, "It was just a slashing/crashing-over-the-head with a threat. If I was really affected I would have called the police that moment." Who can say they haven't done that in the past?

The garda spoke up for him!
Yeah, guards often do if they think that someone has a shot at rehabilitation and is actually engaging with services. Because they know that that is a far better outcome for society in general.

Something that is entirely lost on the "hang em high" brigade here.

Loved that he tried to jump the counter which had a glass panel he didn't see, and then tried to exit through a locked door.
Sounds like an arch criminal alright!

I have definitely acted for more stupid guys though.

I had a drug dealer drop his tick list on the floor in a pub, in front of an undercover DS who immediately picked it up. Worse again, he had all of his client's FULL NAMES on the fucking tick list.

Suspended sentence for armed robbery, you think she is right. I think you're a patronizing shit stirrer.
And I think that it is very easy for a hurler on the ditch to claim that 10 year plus sentences should be used for all sorts of crime without any knowledge of why they might not be appropriate or indeed any sense of where the fuck the money would come from to house all of these extra prisoners.

I know your answer for this will be some unenforceable rubbish around locking prisoners up in dark holes or chain gangs or the likes. It always is..

FWIW - I have consistently stated that sentences in Ireland should be longer. But 10 years for this offence is ludicrous.

The country is the way it is because of idiots like you, I wonder would you have the same opinion if someone held a knife to your throat .
What is it that you think I have done to make the country "the way it is"?

I've had a knife pulled on me in the course of a robbery. Back in the 90s outside Limerick train station. It was a deeply unpleasant experience. It didn't make me lose all reason though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

31st Mar 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Tony Milner

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼