The Official Irish Rugby Thread

It's annoying based on the outcome but he definitely didn't that.

I'm more annoyed with Pearce seeing a tackled player almost land at his feet 3 yards past the ruck and thought "there's definitely nothing worth penalising there".

Ireland to tour Georgia and Romania next year during Lions tour, per the42.ie. Great idea, something of a development tour, given a good few first line players will likely go on the Lions tour.

Ireland to tour Georgia and Romania next year during Lions tour, per the42.ie. Great idea, something of a development tour, given a good few first line players will likely go on the Lions tour.
think they went to Japan back in 2017 when the lions tour was on.

Great idea and should be a good chance for younger guys to develop

You like to think they wouldn't bring any of the six nations matchday squad on that tour and have it as proper development tour with a similar squad to the emerging Ireland squad that will be going to South Africa in October.

All Irish teams now blocked from signing NIQ front rows. Humphreys has announced this today.

Interesting. There's a bit of a gap between what's there now and what's coming through. Keeping in mind the lads in u20s (where there appears to be some silver linings) are probably 5 seasons away from the top level, at least.

He also had some shots at players getting splinters from the bench. More than likely one or both of the Byrnes, Sam Prendergast, and any one of the Leinster B back row.

All Irish teams now blocked from signing NIQ front rows. Humphreys has announced this today.

Interesting. There's a bit of a gap between what's there now and what's coming through. Keeping in mind the lads in u20s (where there appears to be some silver linings) are probably 5 seasons away from the top level, at least.

He also had some shots at players getting splinters from the bench. More than likely one or both of the Byrnes, Sam Prendergast, and any one of the Leinster B back row.
I think the last bit was definitely was a definite nod to the Byrne boys. I'm pretty sure Farrell is thinking that Prendergast will be back up to Jack sooner rather than later and that he'll be expecting him to start for Leinster.

Yeah that was my thinking too. Though I'd imagine he's annoyed the Prendergast pulled out of the move West for a season relatively late and then Harry Byrne rejected it entirely.

I wonder will they meddle in the Barrett game time too?

Yeah that was my thinking too. Though I'd imagine he's annoyed the Prendergast pulled out of the move West for a season relatively late and then Harry Byrne rejected it entirely.

I wonder will they meddle in the Barrett game time too?
I think Harry has fucked himself altogether this season. He's been shown up for what his true ability is, and had the arrogance and delusion to turn down a move to Connacht out of hand.

I'd say the Leinster management got to Prendergast and I don't think I'd blame the young lad for that.

I think Harry has fucked himself altogether this season. He's been shown up for what his true ability is, and had the arrogance and delusion to turn down a move to Connacht out of hand.

I'd say the Leinster management got to Prendergast and I don't think I'd blame the young lad for that.
No. I think Leo is known for getting into them (you can understand why from a selfish point of view) but that goes against the aim of player development. Salanoa had to almost leave under the cover of darkness.

I'd say Humphreys is also done with players using provinces to get their money (O'Toole and Deegan did this). Connacht have now had to restart to signing an incredibly flaky NZ10.

That's before you go into Leinster thinking they can just go and take Bealham and TOT.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Best Of Cork Summer Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

27th Jul 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sparrow (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:10pm

More events ▼