The Official Irish Rugby Thread

I don't want to get into any argument just want to enjoy what is an epic match in Dublin, first time as champions in the capital the last were in Cardiff, London and Belfast so its a big special night.

My overall point it is a bit unfair to the team to say that they are not real competitors for the world cup. The performances show they are well capable of it.

I don't want to get into any argument just want to enjoy what is an epic match in Dublin, first time as champions in the capital the last were in Cardiff, London and Belfast so its a big special night.

My overall point it is a bit unfair to the team to say that they are not real competitors for the world cup. The performances show they are well capable of it.
🤔
Great to clinch The Slam in fairness.
While capable, I honestly don't think that we'll win the WC though. We've got a tricky group (England are haunted) and then either NZ or France in the QF if we make it. Both these sides have a score to settle with Ireland after recent defeats don't forget.
To finally reach the SF would be an achievement in itself.

From Matt Dawson

Six Nations 2023: 'Unacceptable to spoil good games with poor red cards'​

Ireland's Grand Slam-winning game against England was amazing and it is unacceptable to spoil a Test like that with a red card like the one Freddie Steward was given.

Just before half-time, with Ireland leading 10-6, England's Steward collided with Ireland's Hugo Keenan and referee Jaco Peyper decided the contact was bad enough to merit a red card. It was a disgraceful decision.

Hope he dries 'em good.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼