The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Winning a grand slam is a great achievement for any Irish team no question but if they.want to rank as the best then they have to get to a semi final in September. Thats just my opinion.

France are probably as vulnerable to Dupont getting injured. Considering how many matches he's likely to have played in the 12 months prior to the world cup, there's a good chance of it happening. He's played 21 matches so far this season, played 1483 minutes.
He played 382 of the 400 minutes of France's matches in the 6 nations.

Toulouse have at least 12 matches remaining this season, probably more like 18. There's French 4 warm up matches, with 4 pool stage, it's 8 matches before the quarter final. It wouldn't be surprising if he hits 40 matches between the start of this season and the quarter final.

If he gets injured, they're in big trouble.

Key player vulnerability isn't unusual, but I'd argue that France are at least as vulnerable as Ireland are.
Totally agree but like Hank I'm nervous about Sexton going down injured

Plenty cover in every position in the pack if all players are fit.

Plenty options at centre and probably back 3 too.

id be a little worried about 9 too

Totally agree but like Hank I'm nervous about Sexton going down injured

Plenty cover in every position in the pack if all players are fit.

Plenty options at centre and probably back 3 too.

id be a little worried about 9 too
As am I. Wish Farrell had been more proactive in giving other 10s a decent chance in games that matter. The fact that Crowley only got 3 minutes in this championship is...not good.

That said, Sexton seems, against the odds, to still be at the level required. I didn't think he would be, but here we are.
Carbery, Byrne and Crowley are not quite at the same level but they're not shite either.
It's just a shame more.development hasn't been done.

Little surprised they're open about going on a bender. It's nice to see them relaxing but at the level of athlete they are, I'm assuming a 4 day booze binge is going to take a month to recover from.
Erra. They might have been tipping along handily at it too. Haven't seen any POM on the loose in traffic in NZ yet so they're all good.

That's presuming no one pissed in Ringrose Senior's kitchen bin at the same time!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Garron Noone

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼