The Official Irish Rugby Thread

was impressed by crowley and Casey did well too

up front thought Treadwell did well despite him being a bit limited and Timoney did well in the back row.

Thought Deegan showed a bit of class when he came on too and if he gets a run he could overtake Conan

Prendergast is all effort but seems a bit headless at times

Ringrose still has a habit of kicking away possession and its infuriating at times!!

I think if Prendergast didn't have the head of hair you wouldn't see him at all. And we all know you can only get away with not being seen if you're wearing blue.

yeah aki has had his good and bad moments over the years but has never been a consistently top class international centre in my opinion but I guess with Hume and Henshaw out he will no doubt start.

Sexton a doubt now so Ross Byrne has been brought into the squad.

I'm pretty sure that Crowley will be our number 2 outhalf at the WC. Carbery just too likely to be injured and I think Crowley has a higher ceiling.

sides named for Saturday

Harsh enough on Balcoune to loose out to O Brien

Glad McCloskey was retained ahead of Aki. Deserves another start

Good to see Crowley on the bench

Not Sure what McCarthy has done to get in ahead of Treadwell but i guess he has the potential to be a better player

Aussies have a serious back row!

Ireland: Keenan, Hansen, Ringrose, McCloskey, O'Brien, Sexton, Gibson-Park; Porter, Sheehan, Furlong, Beirne, Ryan, O'Mahony, Van der Flier, Doris.

Replacements: Herring, Healy, Bealham, McCarthy, Conan, Casey, Crowley, Aki.

Australia: Kellaway, Nawaqanitawase, Ikitau, Paisami, Wright, Foley, White; Slipper, Porecki, Alaalatoa, Frost, Neville, Holloway, Hooper, Valetini.

Replacements: Fainga'a, Robertson, Tupou, Skelton, Samu, Gordon, Lolesio, Petaia.

Delighted McCloskey got retained ahead of Ali.
I'm assuming they wanted to sew JOB play on the wing which he hasn't done in this series of games so that's fair enough. Probably could have gone with Balacoune ahead of Hansen on the other side.

Don't get the McCarthy thing either, another hyped up Leinster lad from what I've seen so far.

Id fancy the Aussies to win this. It would sum them up perfectly. Should have beat the French, beat the Scots due to an awful miss and lost to the Italians. They'll rock up here and take it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Eamonn McCormak Band

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼