The Official Golf Thread

He has won £500k from 5 events already, handy money for him.
He’d be a sneaky bet for The Open.

He must be sick shit of Stricker at this stage.
I was looking at the stats last night, both his swing and ball speed are up there with the younger tour players. It was funny at times how far he hit it beyond his playing partners. Tbf he clutched up when he needed too with some great putts.

I was looking at the stats last night, both his swing and ball speed are up there with the younger tour players. It was funny at times how far he hit it beyond his playing partners. Tbf he clutched up when he needed too with some great putts.
I must have been reading the same stats! a bit of luck with the weather (or bad luck for others) at St Andrew’s and he could be sorted.

Heading to see it on Saturday. Hoping Mark Power makes the cut, I'd love to see him going well at this. He'll have no shortage of support anyway.

Heading to see it on Saturday. Hoping Mark Power makes the cut, I'd love to see him going well at this. He'll have no shortage of support anyway.
I don't know if I mentioned it before but I went to see him play the LeeValley SC a few years ago, one of the sweetest iron players I have ever seen. He has a big future, hope you get to see him in the flesh. I was going to go but I couldn't resist the JP.
I was talking to a friend of mine today whose 13 year old daughter plays golf, he was going up there with her but there was some mix-up with tickets or time off. Thread_y to the rescue, gave him my hats for Tuesday at JP. Good deed done for the year.

I don't know if I mentioned it before but I went to see him play the LeeValley SC a few years ago, one of the sweetest iron players I have ever seen. He has a big future, hope you get to see him in the flesh. I was going to go but I couldn't resist the JP.
I was talking to a friend of mine today whose 13 year old daughter plays golf, he was going up there with her but there was some mix-up with tickets or time off. Thread_y to the rescue, gave him my hats for Tuesday at JP. Good deed done for the year.
Good on ya Thready.

I played in front of Mark when he was home last Christmas. He hit a shot that I would have said was impossible. He played to the green on a par five from the rough of the adjacent hole. He had to go over trees that are high and right next to the green, which he was coming at from the narrow side. He was also at a lower level than the green and about 200 out. He put it to about 10ft. Our next tee box was right next to his green so we were chatting to him when he walked up and was waiting for the rest of his group to arrive (multiple champions themselves...). He'd played a 7i.

I cannot fathom the speed and perfection of contact to get a 7i up and down so fast, out of rough, in cold, damp conditions.

Just back from Mount Juliet. Not a great day for poor oul Shamie, the best view I had of him today was the fecking double on 15. I sort of made up for it by seeing Zanotti's eagle. I tried to follow both him and Lowry, but it was a waste of time so I just stuck myself in a great spot and watched them all coming through instead.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼