The Official Golf Thread

Rory looked like dropping 2 shots on 10 but managed to only drop 1 with a great put and on 11 sank a birdie. Harding had a triple boogie. Crazy stuff.

He's unbackable now despite being then best swinger in the world. Daft decisions at vital times and needs an adult caddy.
To be fair to Diamond, it was his intervention won him the tournament at Quail Hollow last year. On the 18th on Sunday, he mentioned the mud on the bad twice but Rory was still hitting three wood regardless of what he said. Watching it live I thought 3 wood was wrong but the stats after showed very few up and down birdies and he clearly didn't want to settle for a playoff.
Diamond gets a lot of unfair criticisms for Rory's woes but at the end of the day he hits the shot that he is comfortable with. Mickelson used give one veto a year to Bones on shot choice.

Power finished his round with four birdies in a row. Bogey free again. He seems to have hit a level of consistency that is superb.

Leona also one off the lead on the LPGA.

Last edited:
Power finished his round with four birdies in a row. Bogey free again. He seems to have hit a level of consistency that is superb.

Leona also one off the lead on the LPGA.

just checked, i threw a sneaky 5er on him each way, i remembered debating whether the price was too bad (28/1) and couldn't remember if i confirmed it or not.

Power tied for the lead now, birdied the second. -9.

Speaking of Powers, I saw Mark Power a couple of times over Christmas, he played a 7i over trees from 200 out, and stopped it pretty much dead. I've never been to a pro tournament so that was the best golf shot I've ever seen.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼