The Official Golf Thread

My fancy is Goosen. I got him at 33/1 last week and think he is a great e/way bet. Augusta will throw up the same names on the leaderboard every year anyway. KJ Choi always goes well there....total outsider charles howell III is 150/1 and is a local boy, hes knows the course as good as any?
Tiger is the obvious one though and id be very surprised if hes beaten to it. Hes shorter than evens in some bookies.

Volkswagen_Golf_GTI_HR-05.jpg

I will be out of action for a few weeks. I think I done some damage to a disc in my back. MRI on saturday will reveal all. :sad:

My tip would be Mickelson or westwood both E/W. MicKeleson's been quiet so far this year but you never know at a major.

yay masters time

ok first of all, sorry for my lack of posting, my computer has been down :reject: tragic for me to be honest.

ok, screw the fact theres like 2 other tournaments going on at the moment. both on the pga and european tour.screw the fact that i'm a week early, i dont fawking care. now i'm excited this year for obvious reasons cause i'm going to be attending the british open and i cant fawking wait!!!!! any way.

IT'S MASTERS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last year at the masters a little man known as zach johnson for some unknown reason won the feckin masters. the gods of augusta screwed with tiger and to be honest some of the big boys, i dont care what for the excuses they've made, they tricked up that golf course. now there blaming the weather. :fuming: bah.

anyway, we have a new set of peeps this year, but we also have the old peeps, tiger woods is not old but he's been at the masters like forever. so for obvious reasons i'm going to start with tiger woods.

Tiger Woods, 2008 has been kind to tiger. 4 events and has won 3, the other event he was in World Golf Championships-CA Championship he came 5th so be fair, he's doing well, then again he always does well. not only is tiger gunning for major number 14, but he has every intention of winning all 4 majors this year. i firmly believe there is no other man at the moment who can do it. tiger's A game has been impressive, his swing is perfect, except for that driver, but i have a feeling he wont be using the driver as much on the masters course considering it could go any where and every where, plus he has all that power in his other tools any way. is this his year??? maybe then again maybe not, he has other folks biting at his heels trying to win this major.

so the others are as follows, one being harrington, yes harrington, after winning his first major last year, the man is hungry for more, and has been working on his game for the last 3 weeks over in the states and did very weel last week especially, only missing out by 2 shots to win the tournament. now harrington has made it no secret that he wants to win more majors. it's ether this or the british open again

THERE are other players who are well capable of winning a major and who have won majors as well. while mickelson's star has dimmed a bit, he's still capable of turning on the charm :roll: and turning on his A game, this might be one of those years that mickelson might surprize us once again, and especially the fact that butch harmon is his new swing coach, a partner ship that was working so well last year, might still be working. :thumbsup:

another player who has come to the fore front, is steve stricker, now he is an excellent player and has come leap and bounds in the last year, i have a feeling about this guy, although i dont think the masters is best suited to his skill, he's more of a u.s open type of player.

ernie els, :dunno: eh, i think big easy's days of winning majors are numbered, not ready to be put out to pasture, but then again certainly not ready to push aside, he has made several errors over the last year that has kinda killed his confidence. a win at a major could improve that.

justin rose is a player who ten years ago contended at the british open and has on a couple of occasions led the masters, now all be it, in the first round, but i believe he has what it takes. is this going to be his year??? erm maybe not. but he is a contender.

k.j choi is another player, who after watching for so long, has really come into the world and become a world class player, has won several times on the pga tour, and has done fairly well in majors, i think he needs a bit more time, but he's got a shot to at least contend in this major, i've got a good feeling about him as always. :thumbsup:

i've got to mention bubba watson and j.b holmes, these two can hit golf balls a country mile, i personally will be keeping an eye out for them, due to the fact that i want to see how these two navigate the course with those big drives of thiers.

as for the european peeps, there are several around who think there good enough to make it to the masters and blow every single one of those peeps out of the water, poulter being one of them, now he's a good player, but not good enough for a major, paul casey i really had high hopes for, but now i'm not soo sure :reject: luke donald, another player like poulter.

as for the aussies of the group, there oligvy, who recently won the World Golf Championships-CA Championship, and it certainly a contender, adam scott, no hope, Aaron Baddeley, i think after last year's major confidence booster at the u.s open i see him doing well this year.

as for the rest, well, considering an outsider like zach johnson won it last year, you never know.

but after all that i personally think tiger woods will win this.

sooo looking forward to this. :banana:

but not only do i love analysing and making picks, i love hearing this as well. come on folks, get your 2 cents in :thumbsup:

Great assesment sunners. Agree about Tiger having a great year so far. I think he is where he wants to be going into the first major of the year. There should be nobody around on his current form be able to stay with him, I also think that if he can control his driving he will eat up the rest of the field. His biggest competion will be the course. If he starts making mistakes I think he will be his own worst enemy and this is where he will fail. As for the big hitters I don't think they will be in for a shout. Its one thig being able to hit the ball a country mile but its a different story if you can't keep the ball on the fairways. Would they be able to cope from the rough or trees for that matter? Not as good as some of the top players IMO. The greens will kill off a lot of challengers including these big hitters. At the end of the day there is only one player I would love to see win it. Harrington. Other than that I would also love to see Tiger reach the magic number of 18 majors. At the end of the day its a major and anyone could win it. Just look at last year. like yourself i'm really looking forward to this.

i wouldnt mind seeing harrington win it this year, he was certainly doing well until the 15th where he lost his golf ball into the water :( but this year is a new year. i went to check what were the odds on harrington to win and he was at 25-1. is that kinda high???

tiger was 13-2. but to be honest i'm not going near that bet.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Ride
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

4th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼