The Official Everton Thread

Anthony Gordon knows not to down tools with me, says Lampard

Frank Lampard says he has no concerns about continuing to select Anthony Gordon despite the player being the subject of several bids from Chelsea.

Chelsea have held talks with Everton over a £60 million move for the 21-year-old but Lampard has continued to play Gordon and was rewarded with a goal in the 1-1 draw with Brentford on Saturday.

Wesley Fofana, the Leicester City defender who is set to join Chelsea, has been absent from squads while the subject of transfer speculation, but Gordon has remained in the Everton team, and Lampard expects him to continue playing.

Anthony wouldn’t, couldn’t and shouldn’t do that with me,” Lampard said. “I think he knows that and there’s no doubt about it. I’m not playing the hard one. It’s just that would be so alien to what I would expect of him. I just know that’s not him.”

The 44-year-old former England midfielder was asked if that was the same approach he took when wanting to move from West Ham United to Chelsea in 2001.

“I played three and a half, maybe four seasons for West Ham. So there’s my answer to Anthony — he’s only played one for us,” Lampard said.

for-sale.gif

500mill ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼