The Official Dads Thread..

Wishing you all the best - to add to what has already been said - important to go day by day and learn as you go. It is NOT possible to pre-load how you should think, feel, decide before they arrive. The learning experience is part of the joys of it. As I said earlier, the diamond nuggets every day make it all worthwhile.

What are some of the smaller moments that you enjoy ?

What are some of the smaller moments that you enjoy ?
My lads are 13 and nearly 11.
But when they were smaller.......a look, a comment, a laugh............it might sound trivial but they are absolutely priceless.............you could have the worst day at work or something, you come home and they laugh uncontrollably or something and it is like a reset switch.............and they don't even know they are doing it...........

My Dad is a grumpy bollocks, but I still buy him the occassional pint, creamy bun or some nice little eat-ey thing from the English Market.

This is your future if you raise your child to be a legend like me.

Congrats man. Kids are fucking brilliant!
Thanks.

I have an aging parent that lives separate that i do a lot for that is my main concern. It’s a bit sad but i just know i wont have as much time for them as i do now.
It does worry me an awful lot.

But i am actually looking forward to the Kid’s arrival. My wife is made up and so excited, hope it all goes well.

Thanks.

I have an aging parent that lives separate that i do a lot for that is my main concern. It’s a bit sad but i just know i wont have as much time for them as i do now.
It does worry me an awful lot.

But i am actually looking forward to the Kid’s arrival. My wife is made up and so excited, hope it all goes well.

The joy that a grandchild brings any generation is a wonder to behold. There's something cathartic about knowing that there'll be new generations to remember you and carry on your name and traditions, and knowing that you don't have to have the same fuss over them that you did about your own kids.

Well wear to ye all.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Kenny Live!

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼