The official Cork court report thread.

yet again you try to conflate "fair trial" with "rule of LAW". It's a court of Law, not of Justice. But that's something you seem unwilling to accept.
I am unwilling to accept it because is it just some bullshit you made up as opposed to being an actual fact.

This is a definition of the rule of law "the restriction of the arbitrary exercise of power by subordinating it to well-defined and established laws.". The rules around a fair trial (to include the right to legal representation) is one of the restrictions of the arbitrary exercise of power.

The terms "court of law" and "court of justice" are largely interchangeable in common usage. There is a difference between them (but not the one you think). In a court of justice the Judge alone delivers the verdict. In a court of law it is a judge and jury who deliver the verdict.

This one time I was in the courthouse in Angelsea street. Was in Uinsin McGruic's courtroom. I was surrounded by tinkers. They're observations actually had me in stitches. This student knobber in a duffelcoat and a stone roses haircut was up for a drugs charge. The tinkers were there "He looks like a tramp!". I was in tears.
Then the cop was going on about duffelcoat's case "We apprehended suspect in possession of said drugs, when asked had he anything to say, he remarked "no sure ye caught me red handed""!
Another time i was in there Con O'Leary sent down a 85 year old woman for contempt of court. Apparently the last time she was in Con told her get a lawyer for her next appearance. She didn't have a lawyer and Con sent her down for 2 weeks. The old court room was in shock. The poor woman didn't know what was going on.

Seriously lads if you're looking for a bit of entertainment sit down in the district court in Angelsea street. There's serious lols to be had.

I am unwilling to accept it because is it just some bullshit you made up as opposed to being an actual fact.

This is a definition of the rule of law "the restriction of the arbitrary exercise of power by subordinating it to well-defined and established laws.". The rules around a fair trial (to include the right to legal representation) is one of the restrictions of the arbitrary exercise of power.

The terms "court of law" and "court of justice" are largely interchangeable in common usage. There is a difference between them (but not the one you think). In a court of justice the Judge alone delivers the verdict. In a court of law it is a judge and jury who deliver the verdict.
Sound_y bocht aris.
:ROFLMAO:

Sound_y is having the first term of a law degree at U.C.C. beaten into him every single week all year but without having all the fun of rag week....

I applied for partial free legal aid in a custody case 17 years ago ( low income) was told yes I may be entitled to some help Then put on a 3 months waiting list to be assessed Court date came up before that so I ended up representing myself Yet my ex ( non European Union citizen at the time got a solicitor within a week) Told them her English wasn’t great blah blah blah Between being threatened by a cunt of a judge (who incidentally was a neighbour in uam car avenue/ Bishopstown at the time ) With contempt I was lucky to get joint custody officially but ended up having my man 5 days Mon each week from a young age Agreed that she’d get the children allowance etc and she agreed that she wouldn’t rape me ref maintenance and she didn’t The experience I had with the justice department union quay was both intimidating and cold V one sided Our little kid was like a football and cos she threatened to take him out of the Irish jurisdiction he was made a ward of court to stop either of us taking him out of the country without first getting permission from the other party So his passport was kept in the justice department for a long long time I sincerely hope any man going through this process atm is treated with dignity and an as an equal in this scenario It’s a horrible experience And the ppl most hurt are the kids

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

31st Mar 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼