The official Cork court report thread.

It'll be an absolute pisstake if this man gets 10 years. He's already lost his job and had his name dragged through the mud, and he's no harm to anyone.

I'd imagine he's getting good advice if he offered to refuse bail and go into custody, and he also pleaded guilty.

I know the man with years and he's a neighbour of mine who I only met yesterday out walking with his grandson, I can't think of any benefit to jailing him.

It'll be an absolute pisstake if this man gets 10 years. He's already lost his job and had his name dragged through the mud, and he's no harm to anyone.

I'd imagine he's getting good advice if he offered to refuse bail and go into custody, and he also pleaded guilty.

I know the man with years and he's a neighbour of mine who I only met yesterday out walking with his grandson, I can't think of any benefit to jailing him.

Unfortunately with the way the legal business operates in this country, he will probably get a tough sentence.

The logic here is, they usually go down hardest on guys like this because they know he will never again appear in front of a court.

Therefore from a legal aid perspective there is fuck all repeat revenue to be gotten from this individual.

However if he was a scumbag and always in trouble they would go easy then because they have a vested interest in scumbags being left roam the streets rather than locked up.
While on the streets they are doing what they do best and therefore continuing to create work and revenue for the legal business.

Unfortunately with the way the legal business operates in this country, he will probably get a tough sentence.

The logic here is, they usually go down hardest on guys like this because they know he will never again appear in front of a court.

Therefore from a legal aid perspective there is fuck all repeat revenue to be gotten from this individual.

However if he was a scumbag and always in trouble they would go easy then because they have a vested interest in scumbags being left roam the streets rather than locked up.
While on the streets they are doing what they do best and therefore continuing to create work and revenue for the legal business.
That's complete and utter bullshit.

Objectively, like, that is 100% untrue.

Do you think Pearse will get the 10 years or will pleading guilty and voluntarily going into custody stand to him?
Those things will stand to him, but im not sure they will rise to the threshold of "exceptional circumstances". Not sure if he has prior drug convictions? If he does that will count against him big time.

This guy is probably no more or no less of a danger to anyone than any other mid level drug dealer tbh, but I imagine you are more kindly disposed to him than you would be to some random Heaphy because you know him. That isn't a good enough reason to make an exception for him though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Fin Taylor

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼