The Official Celtic Thread

Whoever the new man is, he should put the entire squad up for sale and sack all existing scouts/coaching staff (Spurs).

The cleanest of slates will be needed, otherwise it'll just be same-same.

Last edited:
Whoever the new man is, he should put the entire squad up for sale and sack all existing scouts/coaching staff.

The cleanest of slates will be needed, otherwise it'll just be same-same.
I know.......the sticking point is the commute........Levy wants me to move to North London, I said sure look I can get a Ryanair over in the morning, be grand like................he said while he was ok with hybrid model.......it had to be at least 2 days on site, just for credibility....................

meanwhile back to the Celtic thread ...................

Exactly.......plus as I said Celtic have more to win...........
He would be a great fit there imo....

just they wouldn't give him any time.

but then again, I was delighted that Graham Potter got the Chelsea gig. I really felt that would work.

I'm hoping that whenever Ange does go the culture he has put in place is ingrained in everything about the club.....like you say, there's more winning to be done before then.

As was said earlier this is a bad habit we are forming before the cup final.

Winning was a habit. Not winning has become a habit. Don't want to be going into the cup final with 4 games on the bounce without a win.

It would be a shocker to do the hard work by beating the huns in the semifinal only to lose to ICT in the final. We don't have a settled defence - CCV is a huge loss, and Johnson a big one too. Taylor must start but I'd be giving Walsh a try at centrehalf. He'll be well able for the physical stuff ICT are likely to indulge in from setpieces. Not confident with either of Iwata or Kubayashi at centrehalf so far tbh, nor Bernabei at left back.

Our midfield are stuttering a bit too with teams sitting on Calmac now.

Fingers crossed we can do the Treble.

Just wondering is Ange doing a great job dispelling any belief that the squad depth is good enough for next year. Warning to the purse holders that there is still work to do to develop for CL games

Just wondering is Ange doing a great job dispelling any belief that the squad depth is good enough for next year. Warning to the purse holders that there is still work to do to develop for CL games

Hope you're right and that's all it is but I think our midfield needs a bit of steel. Calmac, Hatate, and O'Riley together are too nice, especially for the Scottish domestic game. Need someone with a bit of dig imho. Yes Calmac has a bit of it, and probably enough for himself, but not enough to impose himself on some more interested in "hammer throwing"

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼