The Official Celtic Thread

It was a dive - no question. But aint it amazing how when players in a particular other team dive there's never a word said about it in the press. Or when their goalkeeper kicks or punches opponents and gets away with it time and again they never seem to interview ex-refs about it. Funny that.

Even their fans are now wanting him to be replaced pronto, despite his many great saves (he kept them in it in their most recent game against Celtic) because they know it's only a matter of time before the floodgates open and they can no longer cover up for the carry on of their keeper.

It was a dive - no question. But aint it amazing how when players in a particular other team dive there's never a word said about it in the press. Or when their goalkeeper kicks or punches opponents and gets away with it time and again they never seem to interview ex-refs about it. Funny that.

Even their fans are now wanting him to be replaced pronto, despite his many great saves (he kept them in it in their most recent game against Celtic) because they know it's only a matter of time before the floodgates open and they can no longer cover up for the carry on of their keeper.
It actually wasn't a dive. The studs caught his shin.
There's a still floating about the place.

In any case, the ball wasn't even in play as Kyogo had been fouled half a second before.

A really bizarre thing for the media to pick up on when there were at least two very obvious dives in another game that would have made the point far better for them.

It actually wasn't a dive. The studs caught his shin.
There's a still floating about the place.

In any case, the ball wasn't even in play as Kyogo had been fouled half a second before.

A really bizarre thing for the media to pick up on when there were at least two very obvious dives in another game that would have made the point far better for them.

Don't think you can ever tell an incident properly from a still to be honest - a video clip of what happened in the lead up is usually much more revealing. Fair enough if it wasn't a dive, but it sure looked like it in the clip I saw.

The media, or certainly certain parts of it, are indeed bizarre in their fixation with trying to vilify certain players while letting others off scot-free for similar or worse.

I thought it was at first too but didn't think much of it as the free kick was given for something else at the same time. I don't know what to think of only Maeda making the Japanese squad. I'm worried the SPFL won't be enough for the rest of the Japanese lads but also quite relieved they won't be carted half way round the world for a friendly.

Red card
https://streamja.com/db45p

1-1 Jota
https://streamja.com/BKgO5

2-1 Oh
https://streamja.com/XvyWo

3-1 Hacksaw
https://streamja.com/q17Ll

I won't say we got outta gaol...that wouldn't be right.

But it was a tough game and a good one to win.

Hatate off early for Turnbull a bit of a worry. Looked like a hamstring.

Hibs reduced to 10 at their centre forward got two yellows. The first a bad challenge. The second was unfortunate. I'd have been annoyed of it was given against us.

Weirdly, it didn't change much for Hibs. They won a penalty when VAR spotted a tug by Starfelt. A bad decision by Starfelt. Those things will always go against Celtic.

VAR not so eagle eyed when it came to a couple of handballs in the Hibs area. Celtic given a penalty for a similarly stupid drag back on CCV. Jota barely squeezing in the pen.

Tough going from then on but goals from the bench from Oh and Hacksa got us over the line.

Fingers crossed we can tick these games off one at a time and come away with three points. RC away won't be easy but we should be able for them.

Think after the split we have three home and two away, while the huns will have three away and two at home.

The break will suit some teams like Hearts who were in poor form losing three of their last four, and not others like Aberdeen who'd won the last three in a row under Robson.

Can't wait for the return, and then there's that Cup Semi-Final😬

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Dan O Keeffe

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼