The Official Celtic Thread

Good result. Only saw highlights but Killie definitely should have had a penalty in injury time imho. GG dragged yerman down the way GG himself had been dragged down by hun player last year. Still think both were obvious penalties.

That said of course, Celtic had one perfect goal disallowed for an offside where Hatate was played on by a defender playing the ball, WITH HIS HAND!!!! but somehow VAR missed the obvious hand-ball and gave a biazarre offside
I didnt think the Kilmarnock one was a penalty at the time and I still don't.

I only understand the fuss over it as it's the one that is presented as the leveller for all the decisions that have gone against Celtic.

The Killie player crumpled as soon as he felt contact. I know VAR wouldn't have overturned it if it had been awarded but its not a penalty for me.

I'm also OK with Hatate's one now being awarded. But that's coz I'm not 100% on interpretation of the laws in that circumstance. The one Abada got the other week (or rather didn't get) week I was certain on. Being honest, I didn't even see the handball until well after as I was concentrating on the position of the players. Seems the paid officials were the same as me.

FWIW, I thought Man Utd's goal was legit too.

I didnt think the Kilmarnock one was a penalty at the time and I still don't.

I only understand the fuss over it as it's the one that is presented as the leveller for all the decisions that have gone against Celtic.

The Killie player crumpled as soon as he felt contact. I know VAR wouldn't have overturned it if it had been awarded but its not a penalty for me.

I'm also OK with Hatate's one now being awarded. But that's coz I'm not 100% on interpretation of the laws in that circumstance. The one Abada got the other week (or rather didn't get) week I was certain on. Being honest, I didn't even see the handball until well after as I was concentrating on the position of the players. Seems the paid officials were the same as me.

FWIW, I thought Man Utd's goal was legit too.

Didn't see ManU game but if Hatate was offside - the ball was deflected to him out of the path of someone who was on side by the hand of a defender - then during the check they should have checked for handball too.

I think the rugby version is better. The ref asks is there any reason I can't award a score. TMO looks at it and if he was to ping Hatate for offside, he'd also have pointed out that there was a clear handball in the box.

It seems the SFA announced that VAR had a problem in extra time of yesterday's League Cup Semi Final.

That was the game where Kent clearly punched Scales and got away with it. Wonder if there'll be retrospective suspension - don't hold yer breath.

Didn't see ManU game but if Hatate was offside - the ball was deflected to him out of the path of someone who was on side by the hand of a defender - then during the check they should have checked for handball too.

I think the rugby version is better. The ref asks is there any reason I can't award a score. TMO looks at it and if he was to ping Hatate for offside, he'd also have pointed out that there was a clear handball in the box.
Oh spot on. I just don't see that ever happening in Scotland.

I did miss the handball myself and I'm completely biased and not getting paid to do it.

Predictably, the hacks are citing the Kilmarnock incident as a reason that officials aren't biased. Ffs it was a marginal call, which doesn't make up for the many many decisions that have gone the other way, including the offside in the game on Saturday.

On the VAR not working in the vermin vs Aberdeen game. It shouldn't have mattered. The ref saw the punch and gave a free kick. VAR wasn't needed.... yet the story is GG possibly fouling/Kilmarnock player possibly falling.

They certainly do like to manipulate the story and what does and does not get discussed.

It's so obvious one can only conclude that at the moment a lot of it is down to them not wanting to see Celtic dominate as a vibrant SPL is what gives the pundits their income and the last thing they want to see is the huns so far off the pace.

Hopefully Hampden pitch will be in better nick come the final - it was woeful at the end of the Celtic match, never mind having the Huns v Dons the day later.

I think at this stage we should have too much for them but a lot can happen in a transfer window, they might sign someone good and it's looking like we're selling GG 😞

They certainly do like to manipulate the story and what does and does not get discussed.

It's so obvious one can only conclude that at the moment a lot of it is down to them not wanting to see Celtic dominate as a vibrant SPL is what gives the pundits their income and the last thing they want to see is the huns so far off the pace.

Hopefully Hampden pitch will be in better nick come the final - it was woeful at the end of the Celtic match, never mind having the Huns v Dons the day later.

I think at this stage we should have too much for them but a lot can happen in a transfer window, they might sign someone good and it's looking like we're selling GG 😞
Cheers up m8.

The price quoted for GG looks a little on the low side.

I'll be sad to see him go, the big handsome bastard

The price quoted for GG looks a little on the low side.

I'll be sad to see him go, the big handsome bastard

I'm hearing it's only going to be about 4M and that he's going to the Japanese league. Now far be it for me to run down that league as we've gotten some pearlers from there, and I think Hearts are after a striker from Japan as well, BUT GG has shown himself well capable both in the Dutch league and now in the Scottish league too. I'm surprised he's not moving down to a club in England to be honest.

He's big, powerful, works hard, doesn't get moody on the pitch, good in the air and on the ground, and very mobile for such a big guy. 4M is a snip no matter who he's going to. Lord I hope we replace him with a similar type of player.

Talk, and it's only talk, of Nisbet from Hibs if GG does go. Not the same kind of player and he's a bit injury prone too - something else that GG wasn't in general which makes 4M incredible value for someone.

At home tonight against the buddies who are showing mixed form. A loss, three draws, and most recently a win in their last 5 games. I think (hope) we'll have too much for them at Celtic Park but every league match is a "mini Cup Final" and we can't take anything for granted.

Fingers crossed for a home win

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Felix Da Housecat

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼