The Official Celtic Thread

3-1

It was far from comfortable.

Robertson seemed to only blow for every second foul. Thankfully he allowed us to play on in the build up to the first.

Jota with 3 assists. Taylor, I'm wondering where the ceiling is.

0-1 Kyogo
https://streamable.com/39hgv3

1-2 Jenz
https://streamable.com/y76uua

1-3 Abada
https://streamable.com/k115rm

That should have been a straight red card imho. Defender came in with straight leg, out of control, foot up, studs showing and Taylor (hugely improved this season) was lucky not to get a very serious injury from it. At the very least the ref should have yellow carded him after the goal.

Thought Celtic were well on top (before the stream crapped out) and 1-0 flattered RC. It was 1-1 when I got it back but I'm told they scored from a set-piece. Given the chances and possession it would have been a travesty not to have come away with a win but the lack of clinical finishing having created the chances is a bit of a worry tbh.

Wasn't a huge fan of Taylor previously, but Ange seems to have him playing really great stuff. It's no longer turn back and play a square or backward pass, this "inverted full-back" stuff seems to really suit him. He's contributing more than the higher reputation Juranovic these days imho.

Jota was immense again, 3 assists, but I till think we're missing that final ingredient in front of goal.

Agreed with Taylor, he's been a revlation. I didn't think that was a straight red but certainly worthy of a caution after the fact. There was one tackle on him in the first half that was a borderline red, certainly a yellow and Robertson decided there was no foul at all. I'm in the same boat as you about the RC goal but I did see it afterwards. Jenz lost his man.... first day out for him, so I think there's a lot to work with

Agreed with Taylor, he's been a revlation. I didn't think that was a straight red but certainly worthy of a caution after the fact. There was one tackle on him in the first half that was a borderline red, certainly a yellow and Robertson decided there was no foul at all. I'm in the same boat as you about the RC goal but I did see it afterwards. Jenz lost his man.... first day out for him, so I think there's a lot to work with

Yeah Jenz is young yet and a bit raw. Centre-halves, like goal-keepers, tend to improve into their mid to late 20s so I've no fear for him going forward as long as he can learn. Ralston, for instance, would've been written off by many after his first season but he came and showed that he had something, and last season he was a bit of a revelation, popping up with some important goals and assists as well as doing his defensive duties better. I think Welsh too is still raw but certainly enough there to persevere with if he can continue his improvement.

Mikey Johnson on the other hand.........

I still think TRFC will progress over the tie. 50,000 howling huns can create an atmosphere not every ref or opposition player will stand up to and they've not become a bad european team overnight. Might be worth a wee wager.

Bookies were offering between 11/3 and 14/5 on the huns progressing last night. I hope my tip was of benefit to others as well. 60 Euro is better than a slap in the puss.

I didn't see the game but to put the atmosphere in context, in the second half the ref gave a second yellow to Sands who'd already been booked in the first half - something the linesman alerted him to. Whereupon the ref rescinded the second yellow card. :unsure:

Huns despite playing midweek play at home tomorrow afternoon so can get the jump on us and we're away on Sunday morning to Killie on that plastic pitch of theirs. McInnes will have extra motivation too. This will be a big test. Hopefully a win but it could be a very stuffy game.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼