The Official Celtic Thread

At the risk of everyone calling it the SPL, it's the SPFL now. The big rebrand hasn't worked. I get that... but I'm pedantic as fuck around the things designed largely to help a member club pretend they are older than they are.

The SPFL allowing plastic pitches is a shambles.

I'll say that before Celtic kick a ball on one this season as it's not, and never will be, an excuse for a poor result.

But it's not proper football.

The big kick off is only 90 minutes away. I am like a big child getting the replica kit on.
17 out of 42 clubs in Scotland have plastic pitches. Hard to believe.

Rangers heading for a loss already in the SPL. 1-0 down, should have been 2-0 and I don't think they had a shot on target. The new guys look brutal. Celtic will walk the league this year.

Edit. Good second half comeback, used all 5 subs, which made all the difference. Tbf, Rangers had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside and Livi should have had a clear red card in the first half, which wasn't given. No VAR in the SPL yet.

On another note, can't believe the SPL still allows clubs to use plastic pitches.

Agreed on plastic pitches. Awful f**ken things but understandable why some of the smaller more cash-strapped clubs use them

Saw a couple of clips from the huns match and Livi had what looked a decent goal ruled out and Goldson(?) or one of their defenders was lucky not to recieve a straight red when an opponent bearing down on goal was about to go past him and yer man just tripped him - no effort at the ball.

VERY long way to to go in the league obviously but the huns will improve and Celtic are going to have to get more clinical in front of goal. All fine and well playing lovely patterns and one-touch football but you have to put the ball in the net. Against Aberdeen Celtic were very profligate imho, and indeed Purple should've scored for the Dons.

Bassey sent off 14minutes after coming on for Ajax :ROFLMAO:

Welsh starting today over Jenz, strange one I think

I think Welsh is the new Ralston. Very raw, capable of a mistake or two but improving and always gives 100%. Certainly worth persisting with I think, and no surprise there have been a few clubs express interest in him.

Rangers 2-0 down after 77 minutes in the first leg of their third round CL qualifier.

I still think TRFC will progress over the tie. 50,000 howling huns can create an atmosphere not every ref or opposition player will stand up to and they've not become a bad european team overnight. Might be worth a wee wager.

Agreed on plastic pitches. Awful f**ken things but understandable why some of the smaller more cash-strapped clubs use them

Saw a couple of clips from the huns match and Livi had what looked a decent goal ruled out and Goldson(?) or one of their defenders was lucky not to recieve a straight red when an opponent bearing down on goal was about to go past him and yer man just tripped him - no effort at the ball.

VERY long way to to go in the league obviously but the huns will improve and Celtic are going to have to get more clinical in front of goal. All fine and well playing lovely patterns and one-touch football but you have to put the ball in the net. Against Aberdeen Celtic were very profligate imho, and indeed Purple should've scored for the Dons.
They sold two of their best players and replaced them with what looks like dross. Without Morelos they look paper thin up top. Livingston should have been 2-0 up at HT and had had another golden chance second half. The disallowed goal should have stood. All in all, Rangers look a shambles at the back. Easily could have been 4 or 5 nil last night. I think the wagons are already beginning to circle for GVB.

They sold two of their best players and replaced them with what looks like dross. Without Morelos they look paper thin up top. Livingston should have been 2-0 up at HT and had had another golden chance second half. The disallowed goal should have stood. All in all, Rangers look a shambles at the back. Easily could have been 4 or 5 nil last night. I think the wagons are already beginning to circle for GVB.
Didn't see the game but I heard Souter, who used to be very good for Hearts, had a nightmare. But to be fair to the lad his brother has just died so naturally his mind will have been elsewhere.

I think any talk of wagons circling for GVB are very premature tbh.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼