The Official Celtic Thread

Joe Hart pulled off a double save, the second of which must have been among the best of his entire career.

Obviously he's had higher standing in the game but that second save was incredible.

Beat 3-2.

Leverkusen look a really good side. Gonna just have to embrace the mental things Ange is gonna do.

It all fell apart when Bitton went off... I never thought I'd be saying that.

Turnbull did nothing for 90 minutes.
McCarthy miles off it
Abada miles off it
MJ absolutely hopeless.
Thought subs hurts us alright but in fairness MJ is only coming back from a long layoff. Abada is only 19 and has played alot and well already.
Squad is limited for that level.
Think we panicked when they equalised. Rushing throws when a draw would have done led to winner.
Hart was excellent and even with him we could have conceded 5 on another night.
There is a gap but it's step by step improvement and we are getting better and miles ahead of the shambles he inherited tbf.
First time in a while where I look forward to celtic games even if you know it can go badly wrong, they are trying to do the right thing.
Onwards and upwards

Very fair.

Abada is 20 now. We were told he wasn't ready for an extended run in the first team when he arrived. We just had no choice but to play him.... allowing that, he still wasn't much good.

Ralston is impossible not to like... he's very limited but he gives everything he's got.

Beat 3-2.

Leverkusen look a really good side. Gonna just have to embrace the mental things Ange is gonna do.

It all fell apart when Bitton went off... I never thought I'd be saying that.

Turnbull did nothing for 90 minutes.
McCarthy miles off it
Abada miles off it
MJ absolutely hopeless.

I was surprised how poorly Turnbull and Calmac (who usually plays well) did last night.
McCarthy hasn't done anything since he arrived. At least Abada started his Celitc career well but seems well out of form now.

Unfortunately when you see MJ coming on you know just how threadbare our squad on the day is. He broke into the senior squad four seasons ago and has flattered to deceive ever since. The chance he spurned when we were 2-1 up was incredible. Didn't even get a shot off and decided to try make the angle even tighter. Alas Ajeti doesn't seem to be up to much these days either.

And despite his critics, Biton put in another good show as a holding midfielder. The head-knock he got didn't look too serious initially - though it did look a bit deliberate. Hope he didn't exacerbate the situation by staying on.

TBH I wasn't expecting a huge amount out of the game anyway but Hart showed yet again what a great keeper can do for you and I think CCV is improving with every game.

I still don't know what to make of Juranovic. Some guys think he's the beesknees but I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is himself, which is always a worry with a defender. Ralston is limited but knows it and keeps it simple and tries his guts out every game. Delighted Juranovic took the penalty - and still think he should've taken it in the league match against was it St J?

"F*cktwit" :oops:
Yes, do you need a definition?
:ROFLMAO:Gowan ya gobdaw. You haven't a clue and it's obvious you didn't see the game.
Sound_y and the rest of his referee conspiracists

file-20180821-149466-d18kc3.jpg

I was surprised how poorly Turnbull and Calmac (who usually plays well) did last night.
McCarthy hasn't done anything since he arrived. At least Abada started his Celitc career well but seems well out of form now.

Unfortunately when you see MJ coming on you know just how threadbare our squad on the day is. He broke into the senior squad four seasons ago and has flattered to deceive ever since. The chance he spurned when we were 2-1 up was incredible. Didn't even get a shot off and decided to try make the angle even tighter. Alas Ajeti doesn't seem to be up to much these days either.

And despite his critics, Biton put in another good show as a holding midfielder. The head-knock he got didn't look too serious initially - though it did look a bit deliberate. Hope he didn't exacerbate the situation by staying on.

TBH I wasn't expecting a huge amount out of the game anyway but Hart showed yet again what a great keeper can do for you and I think CCV is improving with every game.

I still don't know what to make of Juranovic. Some guys think he's the beesknees but I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is himself, which is always a worry with a defender. Ralston is limited but knows it and keeps it simple and tries his guts out every game. Delighted Juranovic took the penalty - and still think he should've taken it in the league match against was it St J?
All very fair. I didn't criticise McGregor. Not because he's immune to it, just that he provided a good shape.

I know I bitch a lot and that's because I expect a lot. I'm not that upset about where we are at the minute.

Hard won 3 points against Aberdeen.

Very fortunate winner from McGregor following a clearance from Hayes.

The penalty given against Celtic was an atrocious decision. One of many bemusing decisions given against Celtic.

Kyogo got MOTM. Deservedly. His movement must be irritating as fuck.

Hard won 3 points against Aberdeen.

Very fortunate winner from McGregor following a clearance from Hayes.

The penalty given against Celtic was an atrocious decision. One of many bemusing decisions given against Celtic.

Kyogo got MOTM. Deservedly. His movement must be irritating as fuck.

Otherwise engaged yesterday afternoon so alas didn't get to see the game but heard from a couple of sources that the penalty was a joke. Don't worry though we're assured those "genuine mistakes" will "even themselves out over the season" :unsure:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Gong Show

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼