The Official Celtic Thread

Only saw a bit of it but Kenny was unlucky not to get a third with Julien nipping in just ahead of him to nod home a rebound. Very much a second string team but got some match practice. New keeper got the second half. Stiffer opposition beckons on Saturday.

Celtic's Scottish U-21 keeper Ross Doohan has moved permanently to Tranmere now. Spent much of his Celtic career out on loan.

Yeah. Think it suits all parties. Hope it goes well for the lad. We need strengthening in DM though. Broony and Bitton both gone in 12 months of each other

That's Bolingoli away.

Thanks be to Jesus

Amen brother. Amen.

He's got family connections in Mechelen so maybe he'll behave himself out there. Showed in very occasional flashes there might be a fullback there but his attitude absolutely stank.

Relatively big earner off the wage bill.

Amen brother. Amen.

He's got family connections in Mechelen so maybe he'll behave himself out there. Showed in very occasional flashes there might be a fullback there but his attitude absolutely stank.

Relatively big earner off the wage bill.
I'm always sorry when it doesn't work out but I must confess I feel a little smug when I get it right from the outset.

I had an Ntcham shaped blind spot. I just loved him and can't fathom how he hasn't gone on to be a proper player.

Boerrigter, Bolingoli, Bayo, Bangladesh and Amido Balde... all players who were so obviously not the right fit it makes me wonder how these things came about in the first place.

Last edited:
I'm always sorry when it doesn't work out but I must confess I feel a little smug when I get it right from the outset.

I had an Ntcham shaped blind spot. I just loved him and can't fathom how he hasn't gone on to be a proper player.

Boerrigter, Bolingoli, Bayo, Bangladesh and Amido Balde... all players who were so obviously not the right fit it makes me wonder how these things came about in the first place.

We've bought some right Scheidt over the years alright. But we've gotten in some absolute gems too, like Lubo (who?), Henke, VVD

Thing is some guys prosper with 60,000 fans cheering them on, while others freeze. The imposter syndrome can bite hard even with actually good players.

Boerrigter seemed good til he got that injury and never got his pace/nerve back again.
Bolingoli was clearly just a head case. Breaking Covid lock-down when everyone was confined to their homes just for a bit of nazims was incredibly stupid
Bayo, I remember the name but not the player. Who scouted him?
Bangladesh ?
Amido Balde Yeah, another perennial loanee but he'd done well the season before in Portugal scoring 9 in 27.

You could include Regi Blinker to that list of Bs. And I'm still to be convinced that Johnson deserves a place in our squad

We've splurged millions away absolutely. That's why we need better scouts. Thankfully we've also been relatively well served by players coming up through the club as youngsters. CalMac, Ralston, Walsh, Forrest would all be matchday squad members so not too bad, but could do better.

Ntcham had the skill to be another Lubo, but had the temperament of a Bolingolli. Moody bollix. Attitude is crucial in professional sport and you can have all the skills in the world but if you don't have the right attitude you're not going to make it to the top. Ntcham's stank and so did Boli's

Decent run out against Banik Ostrava yesterday evening. Conceded an early goal but scored two before half time. Then GG scored a cracker just after half time. BO put on some pressure then in the third quarter, scored to make it 3-2 and looked like they might force a draw but conceded another within minutes and that was it.

BO were celebrating 100 years since their formation and as well as fireworks they had the most incredible demo of throwing streamers onto the park. It was like a sea of white. The game was stopped for a while to allow them all be removed from the pitch.

Blackburn Rovers is next up on Saturday at 12:30 then over to Poland for the Artur Boric testimonial.

Then Flag Day!

2-1 up at HT against Blackburn.

Blackburn scored in 21 seconds but have hardly touched the ball since. Celtic could be 4 or 5 up and that would be flattering to them. Blackburn look like a team of cloggers, very uncomfortable on the ball, especially when pressed.

I hope there's a few changes to get lads out of the firing line of these hammer throwers.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

18th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Monster (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼