The Official Athletics Thread

Berlin Marathon Sunday.

Rumours of a Kipchoge world record attempt.

He says he's in better shape than he was for the 2:01:39 in 2018.

Weather forecast is perfect.
The key is the wind - and that's scheduled to be just 5km/h during the race. So, it's on if he's on. Pacemakers will need to be on the ball for the third quarter and after that he's got to take it home

I'm a massive Kipchoge fan, but he's surely nearing the end of his stunning career now. If anyone can do it at that age, it's him but I'd be surprised if he can still run that fast. As Terrier says, with near perfect weather and brilliant pacing, he might have a shot.

The key is the wind - and that's scheduled to be just 5km/h during the race. So, it's on if he's on. Pacemakers will need to be on the ball for the third quarter and after that he's got to take it home
BOOM!
Looks like he was on for sure - feckin' hell, 30 seconds taken off his own WR - over a second per mile.
4:35 average pace
(3:51/km)

GOAT

A few weeks ago people were casting doubt on Mageean for chipping 4 or 5 secs off her best yet Kipchoge knocks 30 off his best and no one questions it?
This is you being funny, I take it. (Unless you don't realise the difference between 1.5kms and 42.2!!! This being the PRoC, everything is possible)

I'm a massive Kipchoge fan, but he's surely nearing the end of his stunning career now. If anyone can do it at that age, it's him but I'd be surprised if he can still run that fast. As Terrier says, with near perfect weather and brilliant pacing, he might have a shot.
Me being wrong again!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Special Guest Award Winning Ray Harrington - Danny Ryan
City Limits, Coburg St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼