The Official Athletics Thread

Teams are up for Euro Cross.

Looks like McEllhenny and Sarah Healy decided individual medals in the U23 are worth more the senior teams. Fair enough i reckon. The u23 men have a great shot as a team anyway. McEllhenny will hopefully podium if not win it out. Gidey will be looking at top 10. Keelan Kilrehill had a great run last week. Dogged out and Shay McEvoy was an all American (top 30 NCAA) a week ago. It'll depend on the 5th man as always. Not sure of that'll be McStay or Battle

Sarah Healy has shat the bed on the big stage more often than not. Hopefully she can perform. Pressure is on. She has the talent. Her running u23 probably robs the senior women of a shot. Ciara McGeehan has said all year she wanted this and not the mixed relay so its a pity for her but the right call for Healy in my opinion

Given the NCAA performances last week the Senior men must be in with a good shot at a medal presuming all are healthy getting off the plane. Hopefully they'll pack up well but its a strong team no doubt.

The u20s again are interesting. I'm not sure of the depth out to the 5th man but Griggs and Casey had a great battle in Donegal. And Anika Thompson i had never heard off till she came over from oregan and won the national junior title. Jane Buckley won her conference so there is hope in both races.

The 4x1500 is Coscoran, McCann, Hartigan and Nadia Power. Power didn't run much last year and hasn't shown it in the 1500m so far but she only runs it early in the year so its an interesting selection. Don't know how it'll pan out.

The course looks brilliant out in Turin. Mucky forest with some snow.

Charles Hicks will be running for GB in the U23. He won the NCAA individual title last week. Can the boy from Glengarriff take him down. Fingers fuckin crossed

Bring it on

EDIT: 3 to score in all races. Not 5

The good Danish fellas in the U20 are underage again this year

Last edited:
Three to score is interesting- no room for a mediocre performance at all. Should help the U20 men alright. Be great to see McElhinney dukeing it out with Hicks.
Agree on Nadia Power - impossible to predict her performance.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

All You Need Is Death (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:15pm

More events ▼