The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

In an ideal.world that would be great marco tbh. I would love to sign a player of raphnhas quality but my point was I still feel center midfield should now be the priority and hopefully the club can do both .

I think the only midfielder you'll see coming now will be Tielemans or another player with the same profile...seems like Arteta is fine with ParteyXhaka/Lokonga/Elneny + new signing

I think the only midfielder you'll see coming now will be Tielemans or another player with the same profile...seems like Arteta is fine with ParteyXhaka/Lokonga/Elneny + new signing
If tielemans signs I would be delighted. I wanted arsenal to get him the time.he signed for Leicester.

If you want a club to be elite, you need an elite squad, with rotation, that's what the likes of City and Liverpool do: Out Salah and Mane, in Diaz and Jota....at City: out KDB and Sterling, in Grealish, Foden and Mahrez etc.

The increase in number of games + the 5 sub rule means teams with the best squads (and best squad rotation/management) will be the one performing the best.

so yeah, give me 2 top quality players in each position and let them fight it out through healthy competition

That's when you know you've really made pRoGrEsS alright.

Raphina looks a tidy player, but there's question marks over whether he can take a leap forward in his goals & assists numbers at a top 6 team. Last year his stats were padded out with set-pieces, albeit in a struggling team.

For me, it's all about price. If Arsenal could get him for under £40m then he's probably worth the punt. Anything above that wouldn't be an ideal use of resources, given improvements required elsewhere.

That's when you know you've really made pRoGrEsS alright.

Raphina looks a tidy player, but there's question marks over whether he can take a leap forward in his goals & assists numbers at a top 6 team. Last year his stats were padded out with set-pieces, albeit in a struggling team.

For me, it's all about price. If Arsenal could get him for under £40m then he's probably worth the punt. Anything above that wouldn't be an ideal use of resources, given improvements required elsewhere.

Agreed on the fee, anywhere above 50m and it raises questions, hence me saying ‘another player of the same profile’ 👍

That's a lotta wedge. But congrats. You've got a deal for a handy player over the line.

FV399P3XEAEtcKA

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Scustin

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼