The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

Raphinha bid turned down by Leeds. From the player's perspective Arsenal are behind Barca & Chelsea in terms of preferred location.

Spurs also in the mix, but Raphinha isn't their first choice.

@Ornacle

you're expecting Saka to play 50 games next season, be ran to the ground again and not get injured?
So do you think the club will spend 60mill on a guy to play when saka gets tired? My point was we have enough players who can play like esr,martinelli,Vieira,pepe still at the club and the new Brazilian if saka needs a break tbh.

So do you think the club will spend 60mill on a guy to play when saka gets tired? My point was we have enough players who can play like esr,martinelli,Vieira,pepe still at the club and the new Brazilian if saka needs a break tbh.

That's precisely the mentality/reasoning i think people should change...it's a squad game, not XI + subs

Pepe? the lad Arteta doesn't trust anymore and who's on his way out the minute Arsenal get an offer?

ESR & Martinelli don't play where Saka plays and don't have the same characteristics and influence... these boys are rotated, not Saka.

Vieira is more of a playmaker, he'll be competing with Odegaard and ESR mostly

Marquinhos - for all we know he could well be part of the squad this season if he impresses during pre-season, more than likely he'll be loaned out though.

Bringing a player of Raphinha's quality (whether it happens or not) is what Arsenal need, the club needs quality in every position so that when Saka needs to be rested, is injured etc, there is no huge and obvious gap in quality with the sub/alternative.

If you want a club to be elite, you need an elite squad, with rotation, that's what the likes of City and Liverpool do: Out Salah and Mane, in Diaz and Jota....at City: out KDB and Sterling, in Grealish, Foden and Mahrez etc.

The increase in number of games + the 5 sub rule means teams with the best squads (and best squad rotation/management) will be the one performing the best.

so yeah, give me 2 top quality players in each position and let them fight it out through healthy competition

Last edited:
In an ideal.world that would be great marco tbh. I would love to sign a player of raphnhas quality but my point was I still feel center midfield should now be the priority and hopefully the club can do both .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Hollyz

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼