The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

haha, i just read reports and watched short clips, too knackered to put myself through a full 15-20 min highlights of the game, written reports will do just fine :)
Oh god yeah, it will ruin your day. Keep well away.

Agree with you completely above, this game needs to be left in the past, still 6 points to play for.
Tough job for Arteta but the derby loss will quickly be forgotten about if he makes 4th.

Oh god yeah, it will ruin your day. Keep well away.

Agree with you completely above, this game needs to be left in the past, still 6 points to play for.
Tough job for Arteta but the derby loss will quickly be forgotten about if he makes 4th.

yeah, what's done's done, really curious to see what line up Arteta will choose next Monday, a head wreck which will result in an imbalanced team no matter what he goes with

who knew this squad was very light?

Stupid stuff from Holding. Cedric's shite and despite their decent performances in the last few weeks, the likes of Eddie, El Neny, Tavares, Holding are just squad players that should be used for FA and League Cup games at the very best.

Always a kick in the teeth to lose a derby but Arsenal are still in control of their fate...no doubt Spuds are getting 6 points in their remaining 2 games...no Gabriel by the looks of it, Holding suspended, White not ready, wonder who's going to get to play CB against the bar codes and Everton now, team is already unbalanced with a LB being injured (!)...Arteta will probably look at moving one of El Neny or Xhaka to CB which would further imbalance midfield...it's shit but it is what it is, they don't have the time or luxury to feel sorry for themselves, put this game behind you and move on, not much else they can do unfortunately.
Please not Xhaka in Central defence, it only brings back bad memories.

and also that 1-5 loss to Bayern after Koscielny got sent off...

Surprised at some of you.

Son didn't elbow him

He did.

Holding takes him down, holds him, then throws him over his head, is he not supposed to try and brace his fall?

The elbow happened before Holding levered him out of the way.

Son was clearly wound up by Holding, appropriately, holding him on the ground.

But if you get ratty and make a swinging motion with your elbow like that you're taking a big risk.

I thought Arteta was childish.

If he truly thinks this is the reason they lost, then I'd agree.

But, as has been mentioned earlier, it's a standard tactic to deflect from underperformance by focusing on things like that. It can rally the troops & maybe even give them an edge if a 50/50 decision crops up in the remaining games.

Lol.

The refs are bent
Our Squad is thin
Soft Penalty
Spurs were better, the cheating bastards
Arteta is just imitating Fergie

Etc

warned ye this would happen if ye hung around the SSBs too long.

Nothing about;

Last night's game was Bumnals 43rd
Last nights game was Spurs 51st

Bumnal had one manager the whole season
Spurs hired a disaster in Nuno, and didn't get a good manager until Christmas.

As for United, they were a complete shambles.

If Bumnal don't get 4th, that's on Bumnal. They had no Europe, and got knocked out of the FA cup early too. They had a solid week to prepare for most games with no travelling, or the extra injuries you pick up as a result of extra games. They had every advantage.

Sorry m8s.

Lol.

The refs are bent
Our Squad is thin
Soft Penalty
Spurs were better, the cheating bastards
Arteta is just imitating Fergie

Etc

warned ye this would happen if ye hung around the SSBs too long.

Nothing about;

Last night's game was Bumnals 43rd
Last nights game was Spurs 51st

Bumnal had one manager the whole season
Spurs hired a disaster in Nuno, and didn't get a good manager until Christmas.

As for United, they were a complete shambles.

If Bumnal don't get 4th, that's on Bumnal. They had no Europe, and got knocked out of the FA cup early too. They had a solid week to prepare for most games with no travelling, or the extra injuries you pick up as a result of extra games. They had every advantage.

Sorry m8s.
I’d agree with you if we were sat around feeling sorry for ourselves.

We said we were shit, Holding deserved to be sent off.

On to next game, 4th is still on.

United are still a shambles.

Sorry. 😁

Top of the morning, just a thought/observation on a comment i heard on french tv yesterday and something Orchard Thief alluded to yesterday too

Should El Tactician take Arsenal and the wonderkidz to top 4, I think he’d be a very worthy winner for PL manager of the year

A far greater achievement than Pep or Klopp winning the PL or Tuchel coming 3rd

He'd be in the mix alright.

But spin it another way and all he's done is to outperform severely misfiring Spurs & Man Utd sides - both of which have sacked managers mid-season.

If he takes Arsenal up a level and closes out the 5pt gap to Chelsea, to get third, that'll help his claims.

Both Gerrard & Howe have come in mid-season and got underperforming sides motoring again, so will be in people's thinking.

The PL-winning manager is always in the mix. Whoever edges what looks like being a tight title race will certainly be a candidate.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Danny O Leary

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼