The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

They parked the bus, played dire shite and once they tried to chase the game we got way more chances. That's how it is against sucks like that. We don't have the quality of Liverpool to score FIFA goals for fun against other teams
I know where you were coming from, even against a shit team you need to score and tbh I wasn't relaxed till the second goal went in.

Taken from Charles Watts.

Sambi Lokonga today 🔥

Most passes: 88
Most successful passes: 82
Most passes in opp half: 60
Most key passes: 6
Pass percentage: 91.7%
Tackles: 2
Clearances: 1
Gained possession: 8

Excellent response from him after his struggles at Anfield.

He played well mayday. Was better then partey, thought both full backs were excellent but we again struggled up front, auba was really poor and lacazette didn't do anything whm he came on.

He played well mayday. Was better then partey, thought both full backs were excellent but we again struggled up front, auba was really poor and lacazette didn't do anything whm he came on.
The players I was disappointed in today were Auba, Odegaard and Laca.

None of them were great. For some reason we can’t seem to figure out the Auba problem. He really doesn’t suit the way Arteta wants to play.

The players I was disappointed in today were Auba, Odegaard and Laca.

None of them were great. For some reason we can’t seem to figure out the Auba problem. He really doesn’t suit the way Arteta wants to play.
Arteta wants to play like man City with zippy little players scoring from midfield, playing with a striker doesn't suit the system tbh. Auba is on huge wages and the club won't be able to move him on so have to play him.

Arteta wants to play like man City with zippy little players scoring from midfield, playing with a striker doesn't suit the system tbh. Auba is on huge wages and the club won't be able to move him on so have to play him.
Yeah, you could be right with the Man City theory.
We don’t have the standard of players to do that though, hence why we don’t score lots of goals.
Good for Martinelli to remind Arteta that he’s an option.

I know where you were coming from, even against a shit team you need to score and tbh I wasn't relaxed till the second goal went in.

In these kind of games you need to trust in yourselves that you'll break them down eventually, and then the floodgates usually open.

Very few teams can park the bus for 90 minutes and come away with something. And certainly not Newcastle.

But the lack of urgency in the first half was worrying. I remember I said they seemed to be looking for the safest pass. Perhaps the Liverpool game put the shits up them.

Given the context, today was about getting the 3points. Had it been before the ssbs I'd me much more annoyed.

Just to add of course, the more you do eventually break down these bus parkers, the more confidence you'll have that you'll get there eventually the next time a side sits back. Remember how we used to panick against relegation fodder if we were still drawing after 60 minutes?

Anyways, if we can beat these SMCs next week we'll be fucking flying it!!!

This is for the entire PL btw...

1w3m5hetr6281.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Onóir
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

27th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Vittorio Angelone

The Everyman, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼