The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

The aesthetics of the way that chance opened up...

I was absolutely shocked that he missed the target. Looked a nailed on goal. But he's missed bigger chances this season.

Thing is with Auba is that he’s always missed plenty chances, there’s nothing new for anyone who watched him at St Étienne or BVB

Difference here is that he was getting plenty chances to score, a large volume

Under Mikel he’s getting next to fuck all chances because the team isn’t creating enough (feel like a I’m Langer Dan, repeating the same Ole stuff, over and over)

There’s something dysfunctional in the way the team is set up….+ players strengths aren’t exploited as much as they should

I said last night Auba and Laca don’t seem to be fitting Arteta’s vision, then why hold on to them and tie Auba to a new contract?

Money could have been raised and saved (through Auba’s new wages)

Last edited:
You’re right about opposing fans but the lads were even on the wind up even when Arteta was on a good run.

It’s very hard to see any signs of progress at the moment, the young lads freshened things up for a while but this feels very like last season right now and that’s not a good thing.

Agreed

They were utter shite last night, whether it’s down to the system and approach used by Arteta or down to the players not doing what they were asked to do, it looks bad on Arteta

His subs were suspect as fuck IMO

Not for the 1st time

I read his reasoning for bringing Eddie: ‘because he trains hard and well’

So what?

He’s leaving in 5 months and can sign a pre contract with another club in 3 weeks

Some people could argue that he did more in 20 minutes than Laca did in 85 and suits the system better, that just confuses me even more as by that logic he should have been playing a lot more and start games , which in turn would have seen him sign a new contract, more than likely

Xhaka -whilst he wasn’t that bad, came back from 2 months without football, lasted 95 min while KT was taken off after 1h…if anything you’d think KT could last 90 min, he’s hardly featured for Arsenal but played 2 full games for Scotland a fortnight ago

Laca, everyone and his dog know he’s burnt after 70 min yet he played 85 min, getting duck all service from midfield… he’s never been a fitness monster but asking him to spend his time tracking back and collecting the ball in midfield seems to me like a waste of energy and not so smart planning

Lastly, for me the team already relies too much on the likes of ESR and Saka to produce the goods

If one is out and the other one has an off day, there’s nothing being created (not that the team was producing chance galore with them in the team in the first place)

Last edited:
Just crunching my EPL numbers here, I know ye've probably been waiting all day...

Can confirm that Arsenal are now below Leeds in non-penalty xG against, only Norwich and Watford are worse for this season.

At least the actual versus expected figures have closed up a bit but there's absolutely no getting away from being so shite defensively.

Long live Mikel.

That result last night was a shocker and VAR let ye off the hook for Richarlisons second.

Yes, 2 goals that were offside by the rule book, got ruled out for offside, amazing innit

Utterly stupid rule but thats the rule

What VAR didn’t do though is send 2 Everton players off, one after 25 min of play for cleaning his studs with Tomiyasus face and the other one late on for nearly breaking Tavares leg

Arsenal were dire but if you wanna mention VAR to emphasise how brutal they were maybe you should take in consideration that both VAR and that cunt Mike Dean, actually did a number on Arsenal last night

Yes, 2 goals that were offside by the rule book, got ruled out for offside, amazing innit

Utterly stupid rule but thats the rule

What VAR didn’t do though is send 2 Everton players off, one after 25 min of play for cleaning his studs with Tomiyasus face and the other one late on for nearly breaking Tavares leg

Arsenal were dire but if you wanna mention VAR to emphasise how brutal they were maybe you should take in consideration that both VAR and that cunt Mike Dean, actually did a number on Arsenal last night
Good point, VAR actually did it’s job for the Everton “goals” but completely failed especially for the Tomi incident.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Ben Portsmouth - This Is Elvis

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼