The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

It was silly from Odegaard to be fair but he was decent enough besides that.

Tomi was fantastic and my overall MOTM (for both teams)

We need to do something about Auba though, it’s really costing us now.

At 1 nil. ManYoo were there for the taking and Arsenal reverted to keep the ball and duck around instead of trying to get a 2nd

You’d think it’s an order/instruction from Arteta, weird

As for Tomiyasu, he had a good game, he gives everything

Auba needs a right kick up the arse and a stint on the bench

Give Gabi a run as CF, he’s relatively fresh

Your table basically says the same as what I wrote yesterday, Arsenal have conceded 4 or 5 goals less than what they 'should have'

Being the Official Sport Forum Statboy/number analyst, i'm finding it quite surprising you don't see the relevance of looking at context and personal involved in the first 3 games of the season as they represent about 50% of the 21.1 you've circled in blue

What you don't seem to grasp (or conveniently ignore) is that Arsenal don't lose often under Mikel but when they do they usually get hockeyed
I'm not ignoring anything. They concede too many chances for a club of their stature. You can't just write off conceding 4+ xG no matter who the opposition in those games are.

5 goals is also quite sizable. It's a low scoring sport, champ.

At 1 nil. ManYoo were there for the taking and Arsenal reverted to keep the ball and duck around instead of trying to get a 2nd

You’d think it’s an order/instruction from Arteta, weird

As for Tomiyasu, he had a good game, he gives everything

Auba needs a right kick up the arse and a stint on the bench

Give Gabi a run as CF, he’s relatively fresh
Agree fully, 1-0 was the crucial part of this game.

It looked like it was instructed but guarantee tomorrow Arteta comes out and says what we said, in that they should have pushed on.

Gabi has a goal and an assist in last 2 performances and needs to be considered more.

Yah, sitting back at 1-0 was costly, especially with being sloppy in possession.

I thought Smith Rowe was muscled off the ball too easily at times, that's something he'll have to work on.

Odegaard was good aside from the sliding brainfart; however I thought generally the midfield didn't track back as well as they should have and it should have been Partey or El Neney sliding in.

Despite the result, and the ref, I quite enjoyed the game as it was probably the first time this season I watched an entire Arsenal match. Ronaldo seemed to be enjoying himself too, unfortunately for us.

Agree fully, 1-0 was the crucial part of this game.

It looked like it was instructed but guarantee tomorrow Arteta comes out and says what we said, in that they should have pushed on.

Gabi has a goal and an assist in last 2 performances and needs to be considered more.

It was between himself and Tomi for motm for us. There's no considering to be done. He's on instead of Auba. Partey's lucky Xhaka is injured.

I'm not ignoring anything. They concede too many chances for a club of their stature. You can't just write off conceding 4+ xG no matter who the opposition in those games are.

5 goals is also quite sizable. It's a low scoring sport, champ.
What great timing. :lol!:

After Sp*rs win and Arsenal lose at Old Trafford against a team including bargain buys Ronaldo, Sancho, Fernandes and the 80 million fridge.

You cowardly bum!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths

The White Horse, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼