The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And fg or ff are different somehow? They've made more false promises over the years than anyone else.

If that's all ye have...
Equally terrible and if you are voting for politicians or parties that actually even keep "promises" then you are just deluded.

Sinn Fein boycotted politics and democracy for decades so other parties are way ahead on false promises in manifestos etc.

Equally terrible and if you are voting for politicians or parties that actually even keep "promises" then you are just deluded.

Sinn Fein boycotted politics and democracy for decades so other parties are way ahead on false promises in manifestos etc.
They're not going to be in government.
FG FF ARE the government.
And have been in one guise or another for over 10 years. I'll end the scandal of trollies wasn't in the 2020 election campaign. Homelessness isn't an issue that cropped up during the pandemic. Waiting lists are not a new thing. Excessive taxation and duplicate and triplicate taxation on car transport isn't new. The USC was supposed to be temporary. Enda promised us 64 billion back if we approved the fiscal compact.

Liberalising society is not a substitute for governing.
Cycle lanes are not a substitute for governing.
Deflecting to SF is not a substitute for governing.

Usual disclaimer applies - I'm not advocating for SF, I started by reminding you they won't see government.
The multi Dáil issues excuse doesn't apply - they've had multiple Dáils. The can't afford it excuse hasn't been through for ages, we are about to create a sovereign wealth fund amid what you rightly laud as full employment.

At what point is the government going to actually govern in the interest of the people and not their own social media, ideologically driven agenda. Short termism isn't working. The cobbling together of this coalition perpetuated the "keep going to next election " problem our democracy has. It's not governing, it's being in government and they're not the same thing.

That is why the government enjoys 40% of the vote according to polls.

They're not going to be in government.
FG FF ARE the government.
And have been in one guise or another for over 10 years. I'll end the scandal of trollies wasn't in the 2020 election campaign. Homelessness isn't an issue that cropped up during the pandemic. Waiting lists are not a new thing. Excessive taxation and duplicate and triplicate taxation on car transport isn't new. The USC was supposed to be temporary. Enda promised us 64 billion back if we approved the fiscal compact.

Usual disclaimer applies - I'm not advocating for SF, I started by reminding you they won't see government.
The multi Dáil issues excuse doesn't apply - they've had multiple Dáils. The can't afford it excuse hasn't been through for ages, we are about to create a sovereign wealth fund amid what you rightly laud as full employment.

At what point is the government going to actually govern in the interest of the people and not their own social media, ideologically driven agenda. Short termism isn't working. The cobbling together of this coalition perpetuated the "keep going to next election " problem our democracy has. It's not governing, it's being in government and they're not the same thing.

That is why the government enjoys 40% of the vote according to polls.
Present govt will hope to be returned after next election, And then hope to make progress on housing in particular in the run
up to 2030 election,

Present govt will hope to be returned after next election, And then hope to make progress on housing in particular in the run
up to 2030 election,
FG FF will be returned - current polling suggests without Greens but with Indies. Doubt there will be 200000 cows culled if the Healy Raes are on the list.

The people voted for the Governing parties and they govern by the consent of the people.

They also voted to liberalise the State via Constitutional amendments.

No one is even claiming that "Cycle lanes" are a substitute for governing as active travel measures are local, national and E.U. policy anyway no matter who is in power

The State is not suddenly going to row back on its Cop 27 commitment's if Eamonn Ryan loses his seat as motorists should only be delighted anyway with cycling infrastructure and public transport improvements as it removes other car drivers off the busy roads.

If by "short termism" is improving public transport options and 2.5 million+ homes getting cheap renewable energy within the next 7 years. billions of €€€ spent on housing and infrastructure I am not sure there is much that they can do to satisfy you anyway.

Your fossil fuel future is well behind you anyway as all the growth in electricity demand is being met by solar and wind.

1686217661021.png

The people voted for the Governing parties and they govern by the consent of the people.

They also voted to liberalise the State via Constitutional amendments.

No one is even claiming that "Cycle lanes" are a substitute for governing as active travel measures are local, national and E.U. policy anyway no matter who is in power

The State is not suddenly going to row back on its Cop 27 commitment's if Eamonn Ryan loses his seat as motorists should only be delighted anyway with cycling infrastructure and public transport improvements as it removes other car drivers off the busy roads.

If by "short termism" is improving public transport options and 2.5 million+ homes getting cheap renewable energy within the next 7 years. billions of €€€ spent on housing and infrastructure I am not sure there is much that they can do to satisfy you anyway.

Your fossil fuel future is well behind you anyway as all the growth in electricity demand is being met by solar and wind.

View attachment 21789
I didn't say we didn't vote in referenda - I said it's not a substitute for governing.
I'm not advocating rowing back on COP 27, didn't even mention it, nor did I mention a fossil fuel future, renewable energy in next 7 years.

What about addressing what I did mention?

That you advocate for the government, no issue.
That you seem incapable of acknowledging their blatant failings at addressing the needs of all citizens, especially the most vulnerable and less privileged over a decade now is staggering.

The next 7 years? What about the last 10+?

I didn't say we didn't vote in referenda - I said it's not a substitute for governing.
I'm not advocating rowing back on COP 27, didn't even mention it, nor did I mention a fossil fuel future, renewable energy in next 7 years.

What about addressing what I did mention?

That you advocate for the government, no issue.
That you seem incapable of acknowledging their blatant failings at addressing the needs of all citizens, especially the most vulnerable and less privileged over a decade now is staggering.

The next 7 years? What about the last 10+?
There are many failings acknowledged (See the Action Plan for Housing) thread for example.

You cannot claim that the Govt has no vision for the future while ignoring the huge pivot to renewables and energy security.

We are spending billion of €€€ on social welfare (full employment) health and housing etc. and have very generous welfare rates.
1686220558935.png
Massive social progress:
1686220612201.png
Above average investment in public services:
1686220654511.png

2nd best in the world at reading at school: (must do better)
1686220792140.png

How is being 2nd in the world at reading providing homes or reducing waiting lists?

You are proving my point - governing is not being 2nd in the world at reading. Yes it's fantastic but it's like saying we have the lowest nuclear emissions on the planet, also fantastic but not providing hospital beds.

How is being 2nd in the world at reading providing homes or reducing waiting lists?
No one suggests that it is or it is even meant to do so.

Homes and waiting lists are being attended to as they are both in "crisis" mode but we knew that.

Here is a nice picture of Dev and some old Irish scenery to cheer you up :)

Here in this one he is almost smiling as he is all excited to be heading off to his 3rd mass of the day but somehow wondering why mass attendance (down from a high of 153%) has declined as he just ignores why everybody has simply emigrated during the night:
1686221919792.png

Next year we all look forward to some electricity in West Galway or Kerry, not to much mind in case we hear some malign foreign influence like jazz music or some such on the wireless radio.

1686222054904.png

No one suggests that it is or it is even meant to do so.

Homes and waiting lists are being attended to as they are both in "crisis" mode but we knew that.

Here is a nice picture of Dev and some old Irish scenery to cheer you up :)

Here in this one he is almost smiling as he is all excited to be heading off to his 3rd mass of the day but somehow wondering why mass attendance (down from a high of 153%) has declined as he just ignores why everybody has simply emigrated during the night:
View attachment 21796

Next year we all look forward to some electricity in West Galway or Kerry, not to much mind in case we hear some malign foreign influence like jazz music or some such on the wireless radio.

View attachment 21797
Thought you'd be better than the above.

Over 2 IDs here I have repeatedly posted we need a new politics and at least one new party.
Our existing configuration perpetuates a paradigm created over a century ago. It is precisely because Ireland isn't Dev or the wilds of Kerry electrification that we need that new politics.

We need to politically move into the 21st century.
We need to shake off the plucky underdog,sure aren't we great all the same bullshit that this government passes off as governing.
We are a highly educated, confident, outward looking nation with resources a-plenty, natural, human , economic with a diplomatic weight well above our size.

We need a government with vision, guts, that are connected to people's lives and cares about making them better. A long term plan that inspires us and enables us to achieve things we can't conceive of yet.

Every other country takes that for granted maybe except Britain at the moment. The Norwegians and Swedes EXPECT it. The Icelandics actively chose their path for decades and plan their priorities in government accordingly. It's not hard. It's just that we are constrained by an outmoded politics no longer fit for purpose.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼