The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MM says the pension age should not go beyond 66, that is at odds with what the pension commission and FG say, Right now for every retiree we have 4.5 workers, by 2050 that will be two workers, Keeping it at 66 or at 65 as sf promise will mean high prsi rises,

How old are his kids I wonder ?

I have to be careful here now in how I say this because I know he sued someone recently

I wonder did he perhaps, get a letter back from Pres / Christian's/ Scoil Mhuire saying thanks but no thanks, now toddle off please.
His kids are still in primary school so there goes another of your bizarre theories.

The only way someone can successfully sue a newspaper or TV/Radio show is if they've actually been libeled or slandered. Don't libel or slander anyone and you should be alright Otto.

Yes the contradiction is striking, between saying we will attract a plentiful supply of consultants and on the other hand
saying we will increase tax on high earners,

What is striking is the fact that the Government are taking in nearly 2 Billion Euros more than they'd expected this year in revenues and are giving only token and pitiful relief to people hard pressed in huge price hikes on fuel, energy, and food. That's what is striking jimmy.

The game is 80
The FF FG 37 will see more seats than SF 36.
Because they'll transfer between them.

Let's say 70 65 or 75 70 on a fair day.
FF FG will easily find the 5 to 10 hopefully not the Greens.

Where are SF getting to 80? They are the shark in the pond. Every seat they win they are swallowing potential partners. And FF and FG won't touch them.

Current government returned with a variation on the mudguard.

Saw an article in one of the newspapers saying a large percentage of FG seats are in jeopardy because they got many of the last seats.

SF with a judicious choice of running candidates (very difficult for any party) and good vote management (they've shown they're well capable of this) could do an awful lot better than the mere 36 seats you forecast. Though I grant you, finding partners to reach 80 looks very difficult at this stage. Of course if FF-FG continue on their current trend who knows what the electorate will do two years hence.

people certainly need help but no point in given a fiver here and a fiver there, it needs to be seen to make a difference,
i still say coming into autumn/winter is when people will need most help,

And people like MABS and St Vincent DePaul still say it's around when the schools go back, in August/September. But hey, let's wait until October to have a budget to disburse some of the extra almost 2Bn taken in in revenues this year :rolleyes:

Saw an article in one of the newspapers saying a large percentage of FG seats are in jeopardy because they got many of the last seats.

SF with a judicious choice of running candidates (very difficult for any party) and good vote management (they've shown they're well capable of this) could do an awful lot better than the mere 36 seats you forecast. Though I grant you, finding partners to reach 80 looks very difficult at this stage. Of course if FF-FG continue on their current trend who knows what the electorate will do two years hence.
36% not seats.
Point being FF FG could get 35% but get more seats because they'll transfer between them.

His kids are still in primary school so there goes another of your bizarre theories.

The only way someone can successfully sue a newspaper or TV/Radio show is if they've actually been libeled or slandered. Don't libel or slander anyone and you should be alright Otto.
When kids are in primary school is the time that parents apply for secondary schools.

That is how it works ScumMan.

And here we see ScumMan at his place of employment ( as opposed to " at work " , that is an alien concept to him ) posting away on social media. At the tax payers expense.

And people like MABS and St Vincent DePaul still say it's around when the schools go back, in August/September. But hey, let's wait until October to have a budget to disburse some of the extra almost 2Bn taken in in revenues this year :rolleyes:
This country is over € 250 Billion in debt, would you care to calculate how much that is going to go up when the interest rate rise kicks in ?

I know of course that SF/IRA are somewhat challenged when it comes to Economics

36% not seats.
Point being FF FG could get 35% but get more seats because they'll transfer between them.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. % fair enough.

35% fpv means they could do, but I think the whole FF FG brand is becoming more and more toxic while the SF one less so with every passing year.

When kids are in primary school is the time that parents apply for secondary schools.

That is how it works ScumMan.

And here we see ScumMan at his place of employment ( as opposed to " at work " , that is an alien concept to him ) posting away on social media. At the tax payers expense.

One certainly, and possibly two, aren't even in school yet Otto. The eldest still wouldn't be of an age where secondary schools are being considered imho. Pres and/or CBC do their open-nights for 5th and 6th class. They don't consider younger children.

Hilarious that you think that's the reason SF are for weaning private schools off state funding btw

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Noughty Club Night

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼